Spider

Mustangless

Jun 27, 2003
home
I just found IMO a big spider. This thing is alittle bigger than a 50cent piece and is dark brown. I moved something out of the way and it was up under it and tried escaping out the back door. I got my dogs flea spray and blasted it 3 times. It then started flopping around for about 10 seconds. :owned:

But now I think its just playing dead. So I put a cup over it that says spider. I don't really care for spiders. Feel like i have stuff on me now.

Maybe it can't escape from that.

• Sponsors (?)

Here is what happens when the camel spider bites....
9%20days%20after%20the%20bite.JPG

they're usually not looking to bite people unless the person pisses them off....Camel spiders search for shade, and if you're the only thing that produces shade, then they're gonna run to you.

That said, don't play with them

i had a pet scorpion when I was in afghanistan, kept him in a Folger's Coffee can and fed it bugs whenever we could find something for it

Freakin thing could sure as hell sting pencils...

xr8d302 said:
they're usually not looking to bite people unless the person pisses them off....Camel spiders search for shade, and if you're the only thing that produces shade, then they're gonna run to you.

That said, don't play with them

i had a pet scorpion when I was in afghanistan, kept him in a Folger's Coffee can and fed it bugs whenever we could find something for it

Freakin thing could sure as hell sting pencils...
View attachment 423125

If I saw a spider that big I'd def. have a shotgun with me...

Damn, anyone notice that the girl here in the ad for True right next to this quick reply box is pretty damn hot? especailly with the whole black bra/big boobs thing..

Yeah, camel spiders wont' actually "chase" you, but the sunlight reacts with the skin and it hurts like hell for them, so they try to find shade whereever they can. If you are the shade, and you start running, they're coming after that shade.

That is not a camel spider bite...its a brown recluse bite and im not going to post the pictures but this link provides you day by day pictures if you were bit by a brown recluse....They are commonly found in christmas trees...

http://www.insectimage.com/Gallery%2018/brownrecluse.html

Just click the arrows to move the days

drakesdad said:
Here is what happens when the camel spider bites....
9%20days%20after%20the%20bite.JPG

SeventyMach1 said:
As far as camel spiders ...... do some research on them. They're completely surrounded by myths. Notice the photo & the way it was taken. Sure, they're big ..... but .......

i've read all the data that says it is myth, and i do agree with most of it.

however i have been in the back of out expiditer truck(aka the bread van) on the flight line when a spider kept running after the truck and trying to jump in the back--keep in mind speed limit on the flight line is 10mph and the back of the bread van is about 1.5' tall. he never made it in, but he sure did try.

the 2 that the guys in the pic are holding are about 3" long. a 3" long camel spider was the norm in saudi(we were literally in the middle of the desert).