Spiders in Iraq

this photo filtered to me... freaked me out at first. i thought it was one spider with 16 legs. plus i thought they were as big as your leg.

after closer examination i figured it was 2 spiders and about 2 inches long each.

Attachments

• Iraqi spider.jpg
    Iraqi spider.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Sponsors (?)

each one of those is about the size of that guys hand if you spread there legs out you can see a tip of a gerber holding them. and those arent very big ive personally been chased by one about 9in across leg tip to leg tip. scary stuff when they can jump about 15 feet even though they are that big.

This is old news, over a month...
They run over 25 miles per hour. They make squealing noises like a child screaming when they scamper about. Worst of all, they are called "camel spiders" because they climb onto the bellies of camels and eat their stomachs from the outside, numbing the flesh by secreting a natural anesthetic. The camels don't even notice until their intestines fall out.

None of which is true.

In reality, camel spiders aren't some mysterious Arabian creature -- we have them in the United States and in Mexico, where they are called "matevenados". They are slightly smaller than the human hand, and while they do run quickly, their top speed is 10 miles per hour, not 25. But they also make no noise, they excrete no venom, and although they can be voracious nocturnal predators, they don't eat camels. They eat crickets and pillbugs, and sometimes scorpions.

Darkness said:
They run over 25 miles per hour. They make squealing noises like a child screaming when they scamper about. Worst of all, they are called "camel spiders" because they climb onto the bellies of camels and eat their stomachs from the outside, numbing the flesh by secreting a natural anesthetic. The camels don't even notice until their intestines fall out.

None of which is true.

In reality, camel spiders aren't some mysterious Arabian creature -- we have them in the United States and in Mexico, where they are called "matevenados". They are slightly smaller than the human hand, and while they do run quickly, their top speed is 10 miles per hour, not 25. But they also make no noise, they excrete no venom, and although they can be voracious nocturnal predators, they don't eat camels. They eat crickets and pillbugs, and sometimes scorpions.
priceless! :)

Darkness said:

None of which is true.

everytime i look at these posts darkness is always busting somebodys ass. and i love it. its funny as hell to see someone just shut everyone down. keep it coming man
tony