• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Splash shields

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spanish Dave
  • Start date Start date Mar 16, 2012
S

Spanish Dave

Member
Apr 23, 2003
147
1
18
Oliva, Valencia, Spain
Mar 16, 2012
#1
  • Mar 16, 2012
  • #1
Can anyone please tell me if I can fit the front and rear splash shields with the front fenders fitted. When I took the car apart I seem to remember that they were difficult to remove with the fenders in place. The car is coming close to paint now (after almost a year in pieces) and I don't want to remove the front wings (fenders) after everything has been painted.
Thanks in advance.
 
2

2+2GT

10 Year Member
Apr 25, 2009
3,333
10
79
Southeastern Pennsylvania
Mar 17, 2012
#2
  • Mar 17, 2012
  • #2
Yes, all the screws are accessible with the wings installed. Pre-fit them now, though, so you know that all the holes are free and clear when the time comes. If the cowl has been repaired, for example, some of the holes might have "gone away". The cowl and aprons provide the holes, and the screws bite into the apron itself, except the the ones at the bottom.
 

65fastbackresto

Active Member
Apr 13, 2007
1,229
7
39
AR
Mar 19, 2012
#3
  • Mar 19, 2012
  • #3
Also depends on who put them on if they are installed correctly, I just installed mine a few weeks ago, and the way I did it, I`d have to pull the fenders off to get them out. I`m not saying I did it right, thats just the way it happened.

Thinking about it now though, I bet I put them on backwards (wrong side of car)... 2 + 2GT isn`t wrong much, making me rethink my installation...cry
 
S

Spanish Dave

Member
Apr 23, 2003
147
1
18
Oliva, Valencia, Spain
Mar 20, 2012
#4
  • Mar 20, 2012
  • #4
Thanks for the replies ..I am confident that I will be able to fit them after paint.It is just that they will be part of my next order and I didn't want to hold up the painting while we waited for them to be delivered here to Spain.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

G
In expensive ceramic coating
  • gray owl
  • Jul 12, 2026
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Replies
7
Views
383
Mustang Sound & Shine All Aug 18, 2026
NotaVegetarian
N
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
179
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
403
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Door wire harnesses 1996 GT
  • Adizzle843
  • Feb 5, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
454
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Feb 17, 2026
Adizzle843
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
18
Views
568
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Sunday at 4:40 PM
manicmechanic007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?