spring isolators

00GTpony

Mar 10, 2007
Iam finishing up my Eibach pro kit on friday, i have all my springs out already just waitin for ups to deliver my kit on thursday.

My question is, did anyone change there springs and not put the isolator back in?.... if i put the pro kit in, and take the isolators out will it lower my car to much ( look dumb ) with 18 inch rims?............or do u think it will look good with just the pro kit keeping the isolators in?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You can leave them out and it can lower it around 1/4 of an inch more.

If you do, wrap the ends of the spring with some electrical tape (seriously) to keep from having metal to metal contact.

I think the Pro Kit does a good job lowering and I would leave them in unless you really want that extra bit.

ive had my pro kit for awhile and then i got steeda ball joints up front which lowered it some more and i wanted it a little lower in the rear, so when i was home last i took out the isos on the rear, i put some double sided tape on the ends and wrapped em in duct tape, rides fine, a lil better i think as odd at that sounds

You dont need to worry about it being too low, the pro kit is not the "Lowest" set of springs you can buy so no worries there. I have Sportlines with no isolators but you do need to do something so you dont have the metal to metal contact.

I would wrap the front spring and keep the stock isolators in the rear. Gives it a nice stance with the rear being a little higher. IMO.