Spring Isolators

ricks01

May 14, 2002
Wheeling, WV
Guys

I have an 01 GT that has 50K on it and I'm going to replace the stock springs and struts.
I'm going with H&R sport springs and the Koni Red STR.T package from MM. The car is only a weekend cruiser at this point and doesn't see the track. My question is should I get the urethane isolators that MM also sells or is it not needed considering my use of the vehicle?

• Sponsors (?)

^^^^ this...plus i would jack the car up and pull each wheel off and inspect the isos that are on the car now... with it having 50k miles and only be driven on the weekend, i doubt you would need to get new ones...

I didnt even run isolators for 5+ years. First on Steeda race springs, then Eibach Pro Kit springs. I didnt notice any harshness vs with or without them. I put a little electrical tape on the ends to keep it from rubbing on the body, but thats it.

They wont have an effect on the steering feel...it they do it will be so minimal and you wont be able to tell witht the new springs in...plus poly ones will raise the car a little bit...just stick with your factory ones and keep the money youd spend on the polys and eat a good dinner or see a movie

I wouldn't spend the money on the poly isos.

My 120k mile stock isos really didn't look that bad. And you WILL get an additional drop if you remove them. I originally left the fronts in and took the rears out. Well, the springs settled and the rear was lower than the front. I took the fronts out, and put the rears back in. It made around .2" on the front and rear.

And after swapping the isos around like that, I have noticed ZERO difference in feel, NVH, or overall ride quality.