Springs/1965 Fastback

I’m pretty sure I have the original front coil and rear leaf springs. I know they have sagged since I’ve purchased the car because the tires have started to rub slightly when I have a passenger and hit a dip in the road. I love the stance of the car, but I think it should sit a little higher. I’m currently running P225/60R15 tires with American Racing Torq Thrust D wheels. I’m not sure the offset. I going the have some suspension work done and I’d like to go ahead and replace the front coil and rear leaf springs as well. I’m not looking for a tight suspension as I do not carve corners with this car. I’m just looking for a decent ride with a little lower stance than stock. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Just go with basic replacements. You can get tighter springs and poly bushings but beyond that you don't need much. I would get a spindle with a 1" drop built in so you don't need to do the shelby drop.

for me its a racing setup with coilover fronts and top notch leafs with panhard. but like you said you are not carving corners.

Just go with basic replacements. You can get tighter springs and poly bushings but beyond that you don't need much. I would get a spindle with a 1" drop built in so you don't need to do the shelby drop.

for me its a racing setup with coilover fronts and top notch leafs with panhard. but like you said you are not carving corners.
Appreciate the good info . This will help me .

Where can you buy dropped spindles? Do you still need to do an alignment to Shelby specs?

SS
On their website. Can only buy direct.

The spindle is custom made and uses the larger bearing snout from 70-73 mustangs and shorter steering knob for quicker response. It comes standard with brake tabs for 70-73 mustangs but I got mine with no tabs and I'm going to weld in tabs for S197 calipers for more options.

You don't need to do the shelby drop with the drop spindle. it puts everything in correct place.

They are pricey but depends on what you are doing as well.