Springs!!!????

The Stang GT

Nov 29, 2005
Hey guys, Couple of questions for you guys with lowering springs. Which ones are the ones that I should go with, and then wich ones are the ones that i should stay away from. and if a two inch drop is pretty good. Thanks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

why is a 2 inch drop no good. Too low or something, any car i have i want slammed to the ground it looks good then. I am contemplating coilovers because then i can be slammed at a show and when im driving around i can be at like a 1.75 drop. No to say that being that low is terrific but I personally like the look but i dont think 2" would be that bad. I here great things about the H&R springs. DONT GET EIBACH THEY ARE NO GOOD

Dope 97GT said:
why is a 2 inch drop no good. Too low or something, any car i have i want slammed to the ground it looks good then.

I have 2" drop on my car. Although it look killer, not without an issue.
2" drop is just not practical for daily driver. Road are full of imperfection, and with 2" drop, you'll know every single one of them.
u'll have to drive around for pot holes, speed bump, enter at set angle to driveway, watch out for any debree on the road, and with all care in the world, you'll still scrape something. And you'll ran in to floor jack not fitting, and some service station will actually decline to work on your car, because its too low.
And with 2" dropp, you'll actually upset the suspention geometry as well.

My car is not a daily driver. I only take it out on nice day, and I usually have to plan where I drive to, and think if there are any thing I need to avoid. Its pain. And fact i think rear passenger side is sagging only add to existing issue, along with my hanging down lower then most bodykits and sidepipe.
For daily driver, I would not lower then 1.5" or may be 1.75". Thats why I think i'm going to replace my spring with FRRP C spring.

But everytime I look at my car, its oh so killer looking slammed to the ground...:drool: pic of my car befor Sportline started to sagg...:notnice:
View attachment 482428

Yeah true...I actually have a problem with my car being as low as it is. I actually do not like the pro kit either. They seem to have a sag in them as well. But I actually hit my mid-pipe on a bridge and caused mad exhaust leaks as well as messing up the clamps. But i just like the look.

I see a bunch of comments against Eibach, can anyone elaborate? This is the first I have heard of possible issues and am curious as to what they are.

As far as the 2" drop being no good.. Caster Camber plates, bumpsteer kit and offset steering rack bushings go a long way to correct the geometry.

I use H&R Supersports, Bilstein shocks/struts, and MM camber/casters. It's daily driven, rides fine on good surfaces. Kinda sucks on bad roads, but it doesn't bother me too much. I've only scraped twice, both times came while I was driving in an unfamilar area. And I do have to be more careful driving/backing out of an incline or decline. Otherwise, I LOVE how my setup looks; not to mention the car handles better.

View attachment 482413
View attachment 482415

i love the way my H&r super sports look, like the better handling they game me, and the ride is.. ok...better now after i figured out the ppl at the shop set my tire pressure at over 43 psi. dont know why that happened. back to 32 :)

Chili said:
How so? Please elaborate. Also, what is the problem with Eibach Springs?
sorry for not elaborating, been busy

offset rack bushings tend to move around when the suspension travels ending up moving the rack itself. when you lower the car the roll center turns into a V shape (control arms go up) therefore you're just moving the steering rack up, you are not moving the control arm back down, when it's dropped, so bumsteer is still there, and more understeer

Eibach has been aware for over 4 months that their new rear springs are sagging, they have been told by alot of people and still have yet to get back any of them. They don't want to hear it.

I recently put in the Ford C-Springs. 1 1/2 or so drop and they are cheap springs compared to what is out there. I really like the ride and the height. I dont understand why Ford C-springs are so under rated? What I have heard is stay away from Eibach sport line. They tend to sag so I am told.

rickster99 said:
I recently put in the Ford C-Springs. 1 1/2 or so drop and they are cheap springs compared to what is out there. I really like the ride and the height. I dont understand why Ford C-springs are so under rated? What I have heard is stay away from Eibach sport line. They tend to sag so I am told.

I don't think they are underrated. Just most people wants that slammed look. Probrem is that most people don't realize how much of a pain to drive around with slammed car. Not to mention you'll need C/C plate and buy new shocks(or otherwise you'll tear your suspention again to replace quickly died shock with new one)

Ford spend more money then all of us put together to research/test these C springs. And I got this sneeking suspition that they "might" have few hundread or so of those people whos might know thing or two about how to make these ancient mustang suspension to handle somewhat you know?:shrug:

c-springs before and after...

cspringbanda.jpg

Attachments

• cspringbanda.jpg
    cspringbanda.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 25