SQ Trim with 331, 342, or 347?

Jan 3, 2003
MD
I recently ordered an V2 SQ Trim. I'm trying to decide which motor should I use.

Car will be a street/strip daily driver.
Leaning towards AFR 185's and Holly Systemax

1. What are the advantages or disadvantages?

2. Approx. what kind of RWHP are we looking at?

3. What block and how much boost?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

it all depends on tune and boost, the AFR heads and Systemax will work great though under boost.....

the daily driver factor will lie in your cam and compression ran...... boost = crap mileage

boost just puts an early grave to everything

my recommendation is to not drive the car daily, if you plan on passing 10psi or 500rwhp it will then become a hit or miss with the factory 2bolt block holdin up or not

then your into replacing your block, the whole process is extremely expensive and needs deep pockets

thats why I prefer N/A stroker motors or spray

the 1900 dollar price tag and the cool whine sounds good at first but its nothing but problems... IMO

347 street fighter rotating assembly, TF R series intake, AFR 185's, custom grind, 1 3/4 to 3 inch all the way back IMO the way to go

Either combo will work, if everything is prepped for boost. Just pick the one you like and build the motor around the boost level you plan on running, or build a bullet proof motor and put all the boost you want to it. As long as you don't keep it in kill mode all the time, it shouldn't hurt to be a daily driver.

I have a S-trimmed 331, but is not a daily driver.. Like mentioned above, boost = crappy gas milage, mainly because for some reason my right foot got heavier when I added a blower.. :rolleyes: