Valve Cover Breathers With S-trim

SSBLUBYYOU

Mar 6, 2006
I'm finishing up my h/c/i and s-trim install and I'm trying to decide the best way to install breathers on the valve covers. With the Holly Systemax II intake and a/c I don't have room for a driver side breather. I currently have a Joes Racing baffled tube and filter welded to my Trick Flow valve cover on the passenger side. This side is good to go. My question is on the passenger side I don't have room for another breather and just block off the pcv on the back of the intake. So can I just add a turbo coupe pcv valve and run an open filter on the end of the pcv tube and be good to go? I plan to be in 10-14# of boost range and don't want to blowing out seals, dipstick, pcv valves. I know this has been covered a million times but the more I read the more confused I get. I want to do this correctly before it goes to the dyno to be tuned. Hopefully it will be in the 500 rwhp level on E-85... and last a summer before splitting the low mile stock block. The car is a 93 if that matters. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

When you do it's one or the other, either open with no pcv or a closed system like factory . I have a An fitting welded into the front of my vc and the line goes to a catch can behind my headlight .

I will post some pics later . The wifi on this flight isn't strong enough to attach in here

Thanks.... hopefully pics will help. I have no baffles in these valve covers. I don't want to push oil out. The joe's racing filler tube and filter is baffled on the passenger side. Just trying to figure out pcv or breather on driver side.

One side I have no baffle as there is no room for it. The other I used the carb baffle that was already in the cover . I had 2 sets one efi set and one carb set to do this

On driver side it will not fit an ac compressor there if you have one . You can always move the fitting to the same spot just in the back which is what I should've done originally
IMG_9678.JPG
IMG_9679.JPG
IMG_9680.JPG
IMG_9690.JPG
IMG_9720.JPG

Any problems under boost pushing out oil with welded in bungs and no baffling?? Clean setup for sure.
The driver side is the only one with no baffle due to the angle of the fitting and the rocker being there.

No issue at all . It will only puke up a minimal amount of oil and that's usually after a long highway pull or a full 1/4 mile pass . Usually just moisture pulled from the crank case more then anything else