Squealing Brake Issues!!

I have had my 2015 Premium Eco Boost since January now, and it has somewhere around 5000k on it now. I thought the squealing brake issue would go away on it's own, but alas it is still around. It only does it on soft breaking scenarios, but it is REALLY loud. I took it to the dealer to take a look at it but they said that everything was good and gave it a clean and sent me on my way. STILL SQUEAKS!!!! Anyone know a remedy for this?? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

This may sound a little on the extreme end, but in years past when I've had squealing brakes it was a matter of really seating the pads to get them to stop squealing. Basically a few fairly extreme stops from 60 mph or so should do the trick. Heck, for that matter try the 60-0 braking track app and you might have some fun at the same time. Typically the squeal is nothing more than a high speed vibration in the pad from a mating surface that isn't 100% aligned, bedding the pads in can make a big difference in getting the squeal to stop

Reactions: 1 user
I have had my 2015 Premium Eco Boost since January now, and it has somewhere around 5000k on it now. I thought the squealing brake issue would go away on it's own, but alas it is still around. It only does it on soft breaking scenarios, but it is REALLY loud. I took it to the dealer to take a look at it but they said that everything was good and gave it a clean and sent me on my way. STILL SQUEAKS!!!! Anyone know a remedy for this?? Thanks
Hello Gabe Martinez,

My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you very much for reaching out to me Deysha. I have already contacted Ford customer service and they have taken the reigns, so to speak. I have a scheduled appointment for them to verify that my car has brake issues and they can order parts to remedy the issue at hand. This is in regards to TSV 150030. Thanks again for reaching out.

Hello Gabe Martinez,

My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Deysha,

Is there a TSB out for squealing brakes for the 2015 Mustang platform that you know of? I was reading some chatter about it last night but have been un able to nail down any real facts. Thanks!

Thank you very much for reaching out to me Deysha. I have already contacted Ford customer service and they have taken the reigns, so to speak. I have a scheduled appointment for them to verify that my car has brake issues and they can order parts to remedy the issue at hand. This is in regards to TSB 150030. Thanks again for reaching out.
That’s great, Gabe Martinez! You’re very welcome, and thank you for the update.

Deysha,

Is there a TSB out for squealing brakes for the 2015 Mustang platform that you know of? I was reading some chatter about it last night but have been unable to nail down any real facts. Thanks!
I’ve heard there is one as well, 84Ttop. A TSB is a repair procedure sent to our dealers in case someone comes in with a specific concern, so I don’t get a list of them. Anyone experiencing the concern will have to go into their dealership and get it checked out. With the diagnosis, their dealer can look up any TSBs, SSMs, recalls, or customer satisfaction programs that may apply to their vehicle.

Deysha

I have my car at the dealer right now, and they aren't giving me any indication that there is anything that they can do to remedy this VERY embarrassing issue!! He said that it's because they won't allow asbestos pads any longer and that it will continue to do it even after they are done. I will let you know what happens after my appointment.

I have my car at the dealer right now, and they aren't giving me any indication that there is anything that they can do to remedy this VERY embarrassing issue!! He said that it's because they won't allow asbestos pads any longer and that it will continue to do it even after they are done. I will let you know what happens after my appointment.

Horse Hockey! So are they telling you that all the other cars on their lot squeal as well? Pretty sure those cars don't have asbestos either in that case. I know my brakes don't squeal and I am pretty sure they don' t have asbestos in them. Sorry if I am being a smart a$$, but I hate when someone spews out a bunch of BS like that. Stick to your guns man, they should fix this for you.

169401d1426138704-2015-gt-premium-squealing-front-brakes-image.jpg
I have the same issue and have to agree it is embarrassing! Two Ford dealerships, one in Jena La, and one in Eunice La, both stated that it is just a Ford thing an that is what they do. I happen to have driven Fords all my life and know this is not a Ford thing. I also have a Hx in Automotive repair and worked on cars at my dads mechanic shop years ago as well as ran an autoparts store. I contacted the Ford complaint line and was advised there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) which addresses the issue. The bulletin number provided was TSB 15-0030 and was advised to provide the information to any Ford Dealer. I did find a photo of the bulletin on the net as well which I will attach. So I will again go to the dealership armed with the new info and hope to get some resolution to the issue.

That is the correct Blanchard. I am awaiting the parts so that I can have the issue fixed. The pads arrived but the dealership said that the rotors are on back order. I made a complaint with Ford, and someone called me from Ford and handled everything for me with my local dealership. Ford has been very accommodating. I will have an update as soon as they make the repairs, and hopefully the squealing stopped. Thanks

169401d1426138704-2015-gt-premium-squealing-front-brakes-image.jpg
I have the same issue and have to agree it is embarrassing! Two Ford dealerships, one in Jena La, and one in Eunice La, both stated that it is just a Ford thing an that is what they do. I happen to have driven Fords all my life and know this is not a Ford thing. I also have a Hx in Automotive repair and worked on cars at my dads mechanic shop years ago as well as ran an autoparts store. I contacted the Ford complaint line and was advised there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) which addresses the issue. The bulletin number provided was TSB 15-0030 and was advised to provide the information to any Ford Dealer. I did find a photo of the bulletin on the net as well which I will attach. So I will again go to the dealership armed with the new info and hope to get some resolution to the issue.
I’m happy to escalate this for you as well, Blanchard. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

That is the correct Blanchard. I am awaiting the parts so that I can have the issue fixed. The pads arrived but the dealership said that the rotors are on back order. I made a complaint with Ford, and someone called me from Ford and handled everything for me with my local dealership. Ford has been very accommodating. I will have an update as soon as they make the repairs, and hopefully the squealing stopped. Thanks
Thanks for the update, Gabe Martinez!

Deysha

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Gabe Martinez,

Deysha
Hi Deysha, I am new to this forum and i also have a problem with the squealing brakes. My dealer gave me the same run around that it is just a Ford thing. Armed with this TSB info i am going back tomorrow. My e-mail is [email protected] Please reply and i will let you know if there is an issue. Thanks very much

I just bought a new 2015 GT 5.0 and have the brake squealing issue. I am going back tomorrow with the YSB info and see what they say. I agree it is embarrassing showing off a new car this nice and the first thing you hear is the squeal

Hi Deysha, I am new to this forum and i also have a problem with the squealing brakes. My dealer gave me the same run around that it is just a Ford thing. Armed with this TSB info i am going back tomorrow. My e-mail is [email protected] Please reply and i will let you know if there is an issue. Thanks very much
Welcome to the forum, Stan Garrett!! What happened during your dealer visit?

Deysha