Suspension SR FULL LENGTH SUBFRAME CONNECTORS

dstewart291

Sep 10, 2019
streetsboro
got an open box deal off american muscle for 26$ shipped on a set of SR performance full length sub frame connectors. are they worth is? i don't plan to ever build it to some big power build or anything mostly for fun maybe a couple track days or strip days but nothing crazy. are they good enough or should i still get the MM set and not use SR. don't see much against them a lot of good enough thoughts but am curious if they are truly good enough or waste of time.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey buddy, the consensus view here will be to ditch the SR crap and use MM, Steeda, Team Z etc. You do NOT want to skimp on sfc's on a convertible. Sell those on Marketplace and get the real deal.

that was what i was assuming people would say, but figured would double check opinions who have more info and time put into their cars than me being new with these. thank you for the input.

IF you have them on hand post a few pictures of them with the dimensions. The good ones are 2" x 1.5" with seat brackets and extend from the very front of the front subframe to the bottom of the lower control arm and have sealed ends.

I personally used Stifflers Fit kit on my convertible.
1587659111827.png

IF you have them on hand post a few pictures of them with the dimensions. The good ones are 2" x 1.5" with seat brackets and extend from the very front of the front subframe to the bottom of the lower control arm and have sealed ends.

I personally used Stifflers Fit kit on my convertible.
1587659111827.png
that looks like a TON of work haha, they are full length so it says but i doubt as long as other brands, they also have the seat connectors also, again i dont plan to ever build it up immensely so dont need anything crazy, but i do think i would like to get the MM ones. being a convert. and bottom of car is decent shape even torque boxes at 155k would rather spend the extra 100 and get stronger.

They are really nothing more than box tubing. What you are paying for is the fit and quality.

You could make your own if you really wanted and they would be effective if constructed soundly.

Last edited:
They are really nothing more than box tubing. What you are paying for is the fit and quality.

You could make your own if you really wanted and they would be effective if constructed soundly.
yeah that makes sense, american muscle sent me a box size of connectors with only seat frame reinforcements, i called and she said yo ordered a open box that only comes with seat rein. i said where on your page does it say that? why would i order sub frame connectors for no connectors and why did you ship it in the box the size of connectors? silly. so getting my refund for that..

i ordered maximum motor sports full length sfc and front strut tower brace, so onward i go! thank you for the input everyone.