• Community Forums
  • Regional Forums and Event Information

North East SSoM Members!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter whitehorseupnorth
  • Start date Start date Oct 20, 2003
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 347
  • 348
  • 349
  • 350
  • 351
  • …
  • 1056
Next
First Prev 349 of 1056 Next Last

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
May 8, 2005
#6,961
  • May 8, 2005
  • #6,961
Badstang00 said:
Could be off, who knows? It is a Dynojet though.
Click to expand...

All, I'am trying to say is with all these different dyno's out there, which one can you trust. I know that F1 is about 10% off on thier TQ #'s , but thier HP is right on. They have notified Land and Sea about the problem. Thier pretty pissed about it. They are trying to correct the problem.

There was a STI in there that did like 475HP and over 500TQ. Friggen sick. I still love the mustang, no matter what. I just can't wait to see these cars at 80k-100k on them. I'll bet they won't run like they do now. Hell I've got over 100k on mine...
 

FEARNO1

Founding Member
Sep 1, 2002
1,241
1
39
Maine
May 8, 2005
#6,962
  • May 8, 2005
  • #6,962
whitehorseupnorth said:
All, I'am trying to say is with all these different dyno's out there, which one can you trust. I know that F1 is about 10% off on thier TQ #'s , but thier HP is right on. They have notified Land and Sea about the problem. Thier pretty pissed about it. They are trying to correct the problem.
Click to expand...

I dont think Ive had enough coffee yet because I dont understand this. If all dynos can be off by at least 10% and wondering which dyno to trust that is accurate, what are you comparing their dyno to to say that their HP is right on but their TQ is 10% off

Are you saying Land and Sea are more accurate than Dynojets or Mustang dynos? If so what are you basing that on? Just curious..this isnt to start an argument
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
May 8, 2005
#6,963
  • May 8, 2005
  • #6,963
FEARNO1 said:
I dont think Ive had enough coffee yet because I dont understand this. If all dynos can be off by at least 10% and wondering which dyno to trust that is accurate, what are you comparing their dyno to to say that their HP is right on but their TQ is 10% off

Are you saying Land and Sea are more accurate than Dynojets or Mustang dynos? If so what are you basing that on? Just curious..this isnt to start an argument
Click to expand...

Ok, for starters, I never said anything about which dyno is more accurate. I'am basing it off my numbers and all the cars they have dynoed. So, inreality it's more that 3 dynos involved to verify the discrepancy. You really haven't had your coffee yet..
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
May 8, 2005
#6,964
  • May 8, 2005
  • #6,964
God, 3 in the afternoon and I am still hurtin' BAD!!!!
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
May 8, 2005
#6,965
  • May 8, 2005
  • #6,965
Dan_Soprano said:
God, 3 in the afternoon and I am still hurtin' BAD!!!!
Click to expand...

 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
May 8, 2005
#6,966
  • May 8, 2005
  • #6,966
forecast is look good for next weekend so far! (knock on wood)
 

FEARNO1

Founding Member
Sep 1, 2002
1,241
1
39
Maine
May 8, 2005
#6,967
  • May 8, 2005
  • #6,967
whitehorseupnorth said:
You really haven't had your coffee yet..
Click to expand...

see i told you
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
May 8, 2005
#6,968
  • May 8, 2005
  • #6,968
Dan_Soprano said:
forecast is look good for next weekend so far! (knock on wood)
Click to expand...

I wouldn't count your chickens just yet. The weather for next weekend has been changing everyday. Just this morning it said, rain for both days. Probably have to wait till friday, to get a good idea.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
May 8, 2005
#6,969
  • May 8, 2005
  • #6,969
Dyno

Its not like there is a state agency(weights and measures) that goes around and tests the accuracy of these places.
There can be major discrepencies between these places.

HA HA Dan is hungover!!! He thought he saw a bunch of Mustangs but they were probably Civics.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
May 8, 2005
#6,970
  • May 8, 2005
  • #6,970
Well at 4:15 the stang came to life. Warmed it up and took it out for a few minutes. Made that boost gauge swing a couple of times. Need to set the timing and wash the car.
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
May 8, 2005
#6,971
  • May 8, 2005
  • #6,971
gaslight said:
Its not like there is a state agency(weights and measures) that goes around and tests the accuracy of these places.
There can be major discrepencies between these places.

HA HA Dan is hungover!!! He thought he saw a bunch of Mustangs but they were probably Civics.
Click to expand...
no way. I saw them way before the drinking comensed.
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
May 8, 2005
#6,972
  • May 8, 2005
  • #6,972
gaslight said:
Well at 4:15 the stang came to life. Warmed it up and took it out for a few minutes. Made that boost gauge swing a couple of times. Need to set the timing and wash the car.
Click to expand...


Set the timing??? Isn't it already set??
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
May 8, 2005
#6,973
  • May 8, 2005
  • #6,973
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by Dan_Soprano : Today at 10:30 PM

WTF is this. Dan you editing my posts???
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
May 9, 2005
#6,974
  • May 9, 2005
  • #6,974
HAHA Dan is a drunk bastard, or at least was


Brian its good to see that you got your car up and running must be nice after all winter.

2 more days and Im on vacation, or maybe just 1 if I decide to be sick tomorrow.
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
May 9, 2005
#6,975
  • May 9, 2005
  • #6,975
whitehorseupnorth said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by Dan_Soprano : Today at 10:30 PM

WTF is this. Dan you editing my posts???
Click to expand...
I don't know what your talking about!
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
May 9, 2005
#6,976
  • May 9, 2005
  • #6,976
whitehorseupnorth said:
There was a STI in there that did like 475HP and over 500TQ. Friggen sick. I still love the mustang, no matter what. I just can't wait to see these cars at 80k-100k on them. I'll bet they won't run like they do now. Hell I've got over 100k on mine...
Click to expand...


Thats true, the test of time is a huge factor. Needless to say that even though many of us have not been under boost for that long I still belive our motors would hold up alot longer to boost compared to some of the subie motors w/ the power there putting out ( comparing stock VS Stock block )
 

rustang04

Banned
May 4, 2004
239
0
0
May 9, 2005
#6,977
  • May 9, 2005
  • #6,977
Striped5.0 said:
Thats true, the test of time is a huge factor. Needless to say that even though many of us have not been under boost for that long I still belive our motors would hold up alot longer to boost compared to some of the subie motors w/ the power there putting out ( comparing stock VS Stock block )
Click to expand...

well the big difference is compression. our motors will only last with low boost unless (as you all know) we lower compression, or if you own a 03-04 cobra then your loving life!! but i have seen talons with 175k running 25lbs of boost and loving it. japs use forged parts i wish Ford did on my car!
 

cold96snake

20+ Year Stangneter
Jan 26, 2004
817
1
39
Truly, out to sea
May 9, 2005
#6,978
  • May 9, 2005
  • #6,978
gaslight said:
Its not like there is a state agency(weights and measures) that goes around and tests the accuracy of these places.
There can be major discrepencies between these places.
.
Click to expand...
Supposedly, Mustang dyno's show about 5% less than a dynojet would. So I'd be @ 458rwhp on a dyno-jet. I don't believe my #'s are that high, doesn't say SAE corrected on my sheet. Dyno's are just a tool, so unless you're using the same dyno on the same conditions, you really can't compare. I'm more concerned about the AFR than the hp/tq#'s, although I may have to get on a dyno-jet just to see.
 

rustang04

Banned
May 4, 2004
239
0
0
May 9, 2005
#6,979
  • May 9, 2005
  • #6,979
cold96snake said:
Supposedly, Mustang dyno's show about 5% less than a dynojet would. So I'd be @ 458rwhp on a dyno-jet. I don't believe my #'s are that high, doesn't say SAE corrected on my sheet. Dyno's are just a tool, so unless you're using the same dyno on the same conditions, you really can't compare. I'm more concerned about the AFR than the hp/tq#'s, although I may have to get on a dyno-jet just to see.[/QUOTE

oh you are so rite. why else would anyone want to put a car on a dyno other than to get the actual tuning correct(AF/ EGT)
Click to expand...
 

cold96snake

20+ Year Stangneter
Jan 26, 2004
817
1
39
Truly, out to sea
May 9, 2005
#6,980
  • May 9, 2005
  • #6,980
rustang04 said:
well the big difference is compression. our motors will only last with low boost unless (as you all know) we lower compression, or if you own a 03-04 cobra then your loving life!! but i have seen talons with 175k running 25lbs of boost and loving it. japs use forged parts i wish Ford did on my car!
Click to expand...
That pisses me off to no end. I have a block manufactured in italy by the same company that makes ferrari blocks, holds up to 1000hp, and Ford puts cheap ass pistons and even cheaper rods in it.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 347
  • 348
  • 349
  • 350
  • 351
  • …
  • 1056
Next
First Prev 349 of 1056 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Too much for me to repair in my current housing situation
  • My Drama Magnet 04 Gt
  • Apr 1, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
8
Views
373
The Welcome Wagon Apr 14, 2026
Noobz347
J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
142
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
WTB 89 Hatchback interior trim - any color
  • Zero_chance
  • Jun 14, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
2
Views
141
Want to Buy Jun 14, 2026
Noobz347
P
rear Impact absorbers.
  • Praetorious
  • May 4, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
189
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 5, 2026
Praetorious
P
K
3.8 T5 & Bellhousing to 1987 Lincoln 5.0
  • ks65stang
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
448
Other Auto Tech Mar 3, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • Regional Forums and Event Information
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?