North East SSoM Members!!!

Badstang00 said:
Could be off, who knows? It is a Dynojet though.

All, I'am trying to say is with all these different dyno's out there, which one can you trust. I know that F1 is about 10% off on thier TQ #'s , but thier HP is right on. They have notified Land and Sea about the problem. Thier pretty pissed about it. They are trying to correct the problem.

There was a STI in there that did like 475HP and over 500TQ. Friggen sick. I still love the mustang, no matter what. I just can't wait to see these cars at 80k-100k on them. I'll bet they won't run like they do now. Hell I've got over 100k on mine... :D
 
whitehorseupnorth said:
All, I'am trying to say is with all these different dyno's out there, which one can you trust. I know that F1 is about 10% off on thier TQ #'s , but thier HP is right on. They have notified Land and Sea about the problem. Thier pretty pissed about it. They are trying to correct the problem.

I dont think Ive had enough coffee yet because I dont understand this. If all dynos can be off by at least 10% and wondering which dyno to trust that is accurate, what are you comparing their dyno to to say that their HP is right on but their TQ is 10% off :shrug:

Are you saying Land and Sea are more accurate than Dynojets or Mustang dynos? If so what are you basing that on? Just curious..this isnt to start an argument
 
FEARNO1 said:
I dont think Ive had enough coffee yet because I dont understand this. If all dynos can be off by at least 10% and wondering which dyno to trust that is accurate, what are you comparing their dyno to to say that their HP is right on but their TQ is 10% off :shrug:

Are you saying Land and Sea are more accurate than Dynojets or Mustang dynos? If so what are you basing that on? Just curious..this isnt to start an argument

Ok, for starters, I never said anything about which dyno is more accurate. I'am basing it off my numbers and all the cars they have dynoed. So, inreality it's more that 3 dynos involved to verify the discrepancy. You really haven't had your coffee yet..
 
Dyno

Its not like there is a state agency(weights and measures) that goes around and tests the accuracy of these places.
There can be major discrepencies between these places.

HA HA Dan is hungover!!! He thought he saw a bunch of Mustangs but they were probably Civics.
 
gaslight said:
Its not like there is a state agency(weights and measures) that goes around and tests the accuracy of these places.
There can be major discrepencies between these places.

HA HA Dan is hungover!!! He thought he saw a bunch of Mustangs but they were probably Civics.
no way. I saw them way before the drinking comensed.
 
HAHA :lol: Dan is a drunk bastard, or at least was :rolleyes:


Brian its good to see that you got your car up and running must be nice after all winter.

2 more days and Im on vacation, or maybe just 1 if I decide to be sick tomorrow.
 
whitehorseupnorth said:
There was a STI in there that did like 475HP and over 500TQ. Friggen sick. I still love the mustang, no matter what. I just can't wait to see these cars at 80k-100k on them. I'll bet they won't run like they do now. Hell I've got over 100k on mine... :D


Thats true, the test of time is a huge factor. Needless to say that even though many of us have not been under boost for that long I still belive our motors would hold up alot longer to boost compared to some of the subie motors w/ the power there putting out ( comparing stock VS Stock block )
 
Striped5.0 said:
Thats true, the test of time is a huge factor. Needless to say that even though many of us have not been under boost for that long I still belive our motors would hold up alot longer to boost compared to some of the subie motors w/ the power there putting out ( comparing stock VS Stock block )

well the big difference is compression. our motors will only last with low boost unless (as you all know) we lower compression, or if you own a 03-04 cobra then your loving life!! but i have seen talons with 175k running 25lbs of boost and loving it. japs use forged parts i wish Ford did on my car!
 
gaslight said:
Its not like there is a state agency(weights and measures) that goes around and tests the accuracy of these places.
There can be major discrepencies between these places.
.
Supposedly, Mustang dyno's show about 5% less than a dynojet would. So I'd be @ 458rwhp on a dyno-jet. I don't believe my #'s are that high, doesn't say SAE corrected on my sheet. Dyno's are just a tool, so unless you're using the same dyno on the same conditions, you really can't compare. I'm more concerned about the AFR than the hp/tq#'s, although I may have to get on a dyno-jet just to see.
 
cold96snake said:
Supposedly, Mustang dyno's show about 5% less than a dynojet would. So I'd be @ 458rwhp on a dyno-jet. I don't believe my #'s are that high, doesn't say SAE corrected on my sheet. Dyno's are just a tool, so unless you're using the same dyno on the same conditions, you really can't compare. I'm more concerned about the AFR than the hp/tq#'s, although I may have to get on a dyno-jet just to see.[/QUOTE

oh you are so rite. why else would anyone want to put a car on a dyno other than to get the actual tuning correct(AF/ EGT) :cheers:
 
rustang04 said:
well the big difference is compression. our motors will only last with low boost unless (as you all know) we lower compression, or if you own a 03-04 cobra then your loving life!! but i have seen talons with 175k running 25lbs of boost and loving it. japs use forged parts i wish Ford did on my car!
That pisses me off to no end. I have a block manufactured in italy by the same company that makes ferrari blocks, holds up to 1000hp, and Ford puts cheap ass pistons and even cheaper rods in it. :fuss: