North East SSoM Members!!!

Badstang00 said:
Both Sat. and Sun. looked like a wash, so I ended up not going. The only reason I wanted to go was to compete in the Modular shootout, but I did not want to spend $80 just to get rained out. I did however get down to the track on Friday night, and was well on my way to an 11.4 or 11.5 run. Something happened, lets see if you guys can figure it out.....



60' 1.443
330' 4.640
1/8 7.303
MPH 93.25
1000 9.564
1/4 11.955 :mad:
MPH 83.23 :mad:
Went to shift from 3rd to 4th, missed 4th and shifted into 2nd!!!!!!! NICE 60' BTW, was that on the Nitto's?????
 
gaslight said:
Ok, off topic. Last week I took the car to work and when I hopped in at the end of the day the mirror was on the floor. Tonight I bought some glue to put it back on the windshield but I don't know how to seperate the metal part that adhears to the windshield from the arm of the mirror. Anyone have any experiece with this? I have to seperate them so I can glue it back up and let it cure before putting the mirror on that tab. There is a small slot on the underside and you can see some type of mechanism that locks the mirror arm to that metal piece.
there should be a small allen style set screw in there.
 
It's to bad you didn't go. Both days were ok, with sunday turning out really nice.

MIKE:Short time looks awesome. I would image from looking at the speed that after 3rd gear something happpened and you just coasted. Could be anyones guess. I don't think you missed a gear, cause you would have still tried to put back into forth. Are you going to tell us or what. I've seen the timing system screw up a # of times also.
 
Dan_Soprano said:
Went to shift from 3rd to 4th, missed 4th and shifted into 2nd!!!!!!! NICE 60' BTW, was that on the Nitto's?????


BINGO!! Man did that suck!! These cars are a lot tougher than I thought!! I was so mad at myself once I saw the slip, knowing that it would have been my all time best if not for the screw up. And yes, that 60' time was with my Nittos that I put on this year :D Time for a few new parts.....soon.....
 
Badstang00 said:
BINGO!! Man did that suck!! These cars are a lot tougher than I thought!! I was so mad at myself once I saw the slip, knowing that it would have been my all time best if not for the screw up. And yes, that 60' time was with my Nittos that I put on this year :D Time for a few new parts.....soon.....
I figured as much. Damn non shifting ass T-56!
 
11.4 was so close guys.I am going to get some Royal Purple Syncromesh for the tranny. I had it in my GT, and it worked great. I am also going to get a Fiore firewall adjuster, and quick release clutch quadrant. Hopefully this will help improve my shift quality, and and somewhat eliminate that "notchy" feel. I plan on getting a little practice in at Winterport, and NED by the end of Septtember. Let me tell you, I will be ready for Tasca day!!