• Community Forums
  • Regional Forums and Event Information

North East SSoM Members!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter whitehorseupnorth
  • Start date Start date Oct 20, 2003
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 438
  • 439
  • 440
  • 441
  • 442
  • …
  • 1056
Next
First Prev 440 of 1056 Next Last

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Aug 22, 2005
#8,781
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #8,781
Badstang00 said:
Both Sat. and Sun. looked like a wash, so I ended up not going. The only reason I wanted to go was to compete in the Modular shootout, but I did not want to spend $80 just to get rained out. I did however get down to the track on Friday night, and was well on my way to an 11.4 or 11.5 run. Something happened, lets see if you guys can figure it out.....



60' 1.443
330' 4.640
1/8 7.303
MPH 93.25
1000 9.564
1/4 11.955
MPH 83.23
Click to expand...
Went to shift from 3rd to 4th, missed 4th and shifted into 2nd!!!!!!! NICE 60' BTW, was that on the Nitto's?????
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Aug 22, 2005
#8,782
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #8,782
gaslight said:
Ok, off topic. Last week I took the car to work and when I hopped in at the end of the day the mirror was on the floor. Tonight I bought some glue to put it back on the windshield but I don't know how to seperate the metal part that adhears to the windshield from the arm of the mirror. Anyone have any experiece with this? I have to seperate them so I can glue it back up and let it cure before putting the mirror on that tab. There is a small slot on the underside and you can see some type of mechanism that locks the mirror arm to that metal piece.
Click to expand...
there should be a small allen style set screw in there.
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
Aug 23, 2005
#8,783
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,783
It's to bad you didn't go. Both days were ok, with sunday turning out really nice.

MIKE:Short time looks awesome. I would image from looking at the speed that after 3rd gear something happpened and you just coasted. Could be anyones guess. I don't think you missed a gear, cause you would have still tried to put back into forth. Are you going to tell us or what. I've seen the timing system screw up a # of times also.
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Aug 23, 2005
#8,784
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,784
wow, one post all day!
 

BadVoodoo

Founding Member
Aug 25, 2002
1,552
1
39
Belgrade
Aug 23, 2005
#8,785
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,785
Dan_Soprano said:
Went to shift from 3rd to 4th, missed 4th and shifted into 2nd!!!!!!! NICE 60' BTW, was that on the Nitto's?????
Click to expand...


BINGO!! Man did that suck!! These cars are a lot tougher than I thought!! I was so mad at myself once I saw the slip, knowing that it would have been my all time best if not for the screw up. And yes, that 60' time was with my Nittos that I put on this year Time for a few new parts.....soon.....
 

BadVoodoo

Founding Member
Aug 25, 2002
1,552
1
39
Belgrade
Aug 23, 2005
#8,786
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,786
FEARNO1 said:
Did you forget that your car has more than 3 forward gears j/k had to say it.

That is a nice 60' time though..is that still with your bald nittos?
Click to expand...

OUCH!! Cheap shot!! Times are with my new Nittos.

-Mike
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
Aug 23, 2005
#8,787
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,787
Oh man that sucks!! That 60's is unreal for DR's. You could have had a 11.4 easily...
 

FEARNO1

Founding Member
Sep 1, 2002
1,241
1
39
Maine
Aug 23, 2005
#8,788
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,788
Badstang00 said:
OUCH!! Cheap shot!! Times are with my new Nittos.

-Mike
Click to expand...

So I wasnt completely wrong then..Missed 4th... because you didnt know you had more than 3 gears...then went back into second
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Aug 23, 2005
#8,789
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,789
Badstang00 said:
BINGO!! Man did that suck!! These cars are a lot tougher than I thought!! I was so mad at myself once I saw the slip, knowing that it would have been my all time best if not for the screw up. And yes, that 60' time was with my Nittos that I put on this year Time for a few new parts.....soon.....
Click to expand...
I figured as much. Damn non shifting ass T-56!
 

BadVoodoo

Founding Member
Aug 25, 2002
1,552
1
39
Belgrade
Aug 23, 2005
#8,790
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,790
11.4 was so close guys.I am going to get some Royal Purple Syncromesh for the tranny. I had it in my GT, and it worked great. I am also going to get a Fiore firewall adjuster, and quick release clutch quadrant. Hopefully this will help improve my shift quality, and and somewhat eliminate that "notchy" feel. I plan on getting a little practice in at Winterport, and NED by the end of Septtember. Let me tell you, I will be ready for Tasca day!!
 

BadVoodoo

Founding Member
Aug 25, 2002
1,552
1
39
Belgrade
Aug 23, 2005
#8,791
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,791
FEARNO1 said:
So I wasnt completely wrong then..Missed 4th... because you didnt know you had more than 3 gears...then went back into second
Click to expand...


You must be kidding, right? My car has more than 3 gears Maybe that explains my crappy gas mileage
 

BadVoodoo

Founding Member
Aug 25, 2002
1,552
1
39
Belgrade
Aug 23, 2005
#8,792
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,792
FEARNO1 said:
So I wasnt completely wrong then..Missed 4th... because you didnt know you had more than 3 gears...then went back into second
Click to expand...


So what's the deal with your Cobra Fred? Is it still up here in Maine?
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Aug 23, 2005
#8,793
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,793
FEARNO1 said:
Thats so coincidental..I got in my car the other morning and my mirror was on the floor also...the glue let go just like yours...dont they just slide apart?
Click to expand...
the damn thing clips onto the metal foot. I can't unclip it. No Dan there isn't a allen screw.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Aug 23, 2005
#8,794
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,794
Badstang00 said:
11.4 was so close guys.I am going to get some Royal Purple Syncromesh for the tranny. I had it in my GT, and it worked great.
Click to expand...
put some of your man goo and cholesterol into the tranny.
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Aug 23, 2005
#8,795
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,795
gaslight said:
the damn thing clips onto the metal foot. I can't unclip it. No Dan there isn't a allen screw.
Click to expand...
ahh damn. I had an 86 Escort as a first car.....the mirror fell off one time too. There was a small allen set screw holding the mounting block. Guess they changed that huh....
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Aug 23, 2005
#8,796
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,796
and
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Aug 23, 2005
#8,797
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,797
I
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Aug 23, 2005
#8,798
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,798
will post whore
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Aug 23, 2005
#8,799
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,799
my way to
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Aug 23, 2005
#8,800
  • Aug 23, 2005
  • #8,800
post # 8800!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 438
  • 439
  • 440
  • 441
  • 442
  • …
  • 1056
Next
First Prev 440 of 1056 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Too much for me to repair in my current housing situation
  • My Drama Magnet 04 Gt
  • Apr 1, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
8
Views
378
The Welcome Wagon Apr 14, 2026
Noobz347
J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
157
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
WTB 89 Hatchback interior trim - any color
  • Zero_chance
  • Jun 14, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
2
Views
146
Want to Buy Jun 14, 2026
Noobz347
P
rear Impact absorbers.
  • Praetorious
  • May 4, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
193
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 5, 2026
Praetorious
P
K
3.8 T5 & Bellhousing to 1987 Lincoln 5.0
  • ks65stang
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
461
Other Auto Tech Mar 3, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • Regional Forums and Event Information
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?