Suspension Standard length sfc vs full length

I made my own using the Mathis Book for measurements and bends. I took some simple angle iron, notched it and made my own seat brackets. I installed them without drivetrain, without interior and on jack stands supporting the suspension.

• Sponsors (?)

I am aware that this is an old thread
Why would someone use the shorter length SFC over the full length ones? Are the full length ones a more difficult install?
Getting ready to order and just want to make sure the full length are what I want...
thanks everyone

I don't think one is any more easier to install than the other. There's a number of different vendors making SFC's for these cars. Some are tubular, some are square. Some are shorter than others. Everyone has opinions on which design is the best.

IMHO the two (or three) best are the Max Motorsports, Team Z and Stifflers setup.

Team Z thru the floor would probably be the best, but it's a more involved install and more invasive into the interior.

Full length have ability to attach to front seat brackets and improve that structure too. In fast Foxbody cars, seat bracket mounting points are a concern. The weight of the driver pushing back on the seat under acceleration can deform them

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think one is any more easier to install than the other. There's a number of different vendors making SFC's for these cars. Some are tubular, some are square. Some are shorter than others. Everyone has opinions on which design is the best.

IMHO the two (or three) best are the Max Motorsports, Team Z and Stifflers setup.

Team Z thru the floor would probably be the best, but it's a more involved install and more invasive into the interior.
I have the MM full length in my "cart" as of now... The thru the floor is a bit " full race" for my project...
The team Z UNDER the car connectors are interesting? One would think the square tubing of the MM would be stronger though?
Can anyone add to this?

Last edited:
Round tube is stronger. The rectangular tubing is strong "enough" and packages tighter to the underside of the car.

It's all good stuff, pick and choose what makes you sleep better at night. For a cruiser, any of the full-length offerings is more than enough.

Reactions: 1 users
I want to thank everyone on here for the help.. I purchased the MM full length bars after watching multiple install video's....
Spoke to my exhaust guys and they will install them when we do the exhaust system...
I sold one car and now have a spot for the Mustang in my garage to get this project going.. I have been working on sub assemblies and buying parts for it..
My first project is going to be steam cleaning the engine compartment before it goes in the garage, and sure as heck the previous renter broke the machine and now I have to wait for it to get fixed........