• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Stang Suspension

  • Thread starter Thread starter NIN
  • Start date Start date Nov 13, 2005

NIN

New Member
Dec 4, 2002
452
0
0
moorhead MN
Nov 13, 2005
#1
  • Nov 13, 2005
  • #1
When I first got my stang all I wanted was the exhaust tone and power from my mustang. But now I have become more demanding and would like something more like a sports car. Could I transform this car (94 GT) into something that could handle similar to the 350z. Is there any chance for this or is this chasis hopeless. I like the power and the exhaust note of the v8 but has bodyroll that no sports car should. It is a muscle car and they not known for handling. The insurance rates you with this car get are unbeatable and it is paid for. So I would like to keep her.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
 

DFG 5OH

Active Member
Aug 28, 2004
1,341
0
36
Louisville, KY
Nov 13, 2005
#2
  • Nov 13, 2005
  • #2
subframe connectors will really help body roll through the corners, and dont cost anything. There are lots of ways to upgrade the suspension, check out maximum motorsports website.
 

NIN

New Member
Dec 4, 2002
452
0
0
moorhead MN
Nov 13, 2005
#3
  • Nov 13, 2005
  • #3
Thanks man
 

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Nov 13, 2005
#4
  • Nov 13, 2005
  • #4
1) Subframe connectors, full lenght, welded
2) lowering springs
3) shocks/struts
4) LCA's/UCA's

That oughta make the stang handle like a champ! I have Eibach Pro-Kit springs, KYB shocks/struts, Eibach sway bars, pro3i LCA's/UCA's, and custom full length welded SFC's. My stang handles quite well. I didn't realize how well it handled until I drove a stock one, the thing felt like a fishing boat it was rocking back and forth so much.
 

NIN

New Member
Dec 4, 2002
452
0
0
moorhead MN
Nov 13, 2005
#5
  • Nov 13, 2005
  • #5
Mine is stock so you know how I feel.

I had planned for subframe connectors for this summer but I had to buy a furnace for my aging house. How much did you spend on your suspension mods?
 

NIN

New Member
Dec 4, 2002
452
0
0
moorhead MN
Nov 13, 2005
#6
  • Nov 13, 2005
  • #6
Another complaint is that my rear tires skawk with a little tap of the throttle. I need to get some better traction in the rear. I know tires would help but sticky tires will still need some help.

What does a panhard bar do?
 

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Nov 13, 2005
#7
  • Nov 13, 2005
  • #7
NIN said:
Mine is stock so you know how I feel.

I had planned for subframe connectors for this summer but I had to buy a furnace for my aging house. How much did you spend on your suspension mods?
Click to expand...

SFC's: $225 installed
Springs: $220 installed them myself
shocks/struts: $120 installed them myself
LCA's: $250 installed them myself
UCA's: $130 installed them myself
sway bars: $80 installed them myself

So just over $1000 for everything. Really, lower control arms are gonna help the most for straight line traction. SFC's are gonna help the most for cornering. The rest of the stuff isn't absolutely neccessary.

NIN said:
Another complaint is that my rear tires skawk with a little tap of the throttle. I need to get some better traction in the rear. I know tires would help but sticky tires will still need some help.

What does a panhard bar do?
Click to expand...

Drag radials will help tremendously with traction. A panhard bar helps cornering, but I'm not quite sure how. I've never looked into it a whole lot.
 

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
31,179
34
129
Nov 13, 2005
#8
  • Nov 13, 2005
  • #8
A panhard bar helps locate the rear so that while cornering it does not try to move sideways (which causes it to feel like it is walking or steering from the rear).
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Fox Fuel Pump Issues After Replacement/Upgrade
  • Ryu
  • Jun 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
921
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
Ryu
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
356
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Alternator not charging
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
174
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
P
Fox Opinions Wanted- at a crossroad with my '88 GT
  • pindude80
  • Apr 18, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
32
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 22, 2025
pindude80
P
SN95 Desktop 363 Engine Combination - Looking for input
  • WhiteCobra95
  • Sep 8, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 6, 2025
Habu135
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?