Stang wont start !!!!!!!

SexyGT488

Aug 9, 2005
Chicago,IL
I recently got my car out of storage. it has been sitting for like 4 months and wen it came to start it i got nuthin. battery was dead but i got jumoed and still the car would not turn over. i had the car towed back to my house had it scanned. the scanner read P0190 which is fuel rail pressure censor. i bought the part cost $82 installed and still got nuthin. so my guess is a fuel pump.....anyone had this problem before after a car out of storage???????? The car is a 2000 GT with 34000miles on it

• Sponsors (?)

there is no fuel pump relay, it's built into the CCRM, but you should check your inertia switch, that is located in the trunk.

CCRM's are known to go bad at times but I would not run out and get one, you need to figure out whats wrong first.

ONE OTHER THING... see if your theft light is flashing while you try to crank it over, if it is then you have a pats fault. Check fuse number 34 in the centeral junction box ( under the drivers side dash NOT UNDER THE HOOD)

I recently got my car out of storage. it has been sitting for like 4 months and wen it came to start it i got nuthin. battery was dead but i got jumoed and still the car would not turn over. i had the car towed back to my house had it scanned. the scanner read P0190 which is fuel rail pressure censor. i bought the part cost $82 installed and still got nuthin. so my guess is a fuel pump.....anyone had this problem before after a car out of storage???????? The car is a 2000 GT with 34000miles on it

any luck with this yet? I am anxious to hear..as I am having the same problem....mine started after I went very slowly over a speed bump...replaced the inertia switch...checked all the fuses...computer box...ready to have it towed to get fixed...thinking it may be the fuel pump..

I had this problem this winter also on my 99 GT. It sat for about 2 months and wouldn't start when I went to get it from storage. After troubleshooting forever I finally figured out it was the fuel pump. Fairly easy job, depending on how much gas is in the tank. The car only has 25,000 miles...WAY too eary to be replacing a fuel pump!

any luck with this yet? I am anxious to hear..as I am having the same problem....mine started after I went very slowly over a speed bump...replaced the inertia switch...checked all the fuses...computer box...ready to have it towed to get fixed...thinking it may be the fuel pump..

Well i tried everything i replaced all fuses almost replaced constant control relay module but figured it would be the fuel pump im hopin....Rite now im away at skool so i cant work on it but my uncle is doin it for me cuz he's anxious to see if starts with a new fuel pump....If its not the fuel pump then im just gonna take it to a shop...The car has only 34k on it so i was shoked my self....But i guess thats wat happens wen u let a car sit for 4 months.