StangNet GT500 Project

MRaburn

Founder
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Auburn, AL
UPDATE
Find the project, photos and details here...
http://www.stangnet.com/GT500-Project.html

Currently she is at Classic Design Concepts having her make over done. We put alot of thought into all the options for this GT500.

Her debut will be at the All Ford Nationals in Carlisle at the end of this month then on to Tulsa 2 weeks later for the Mid America meet. Final stop of the year she will be on display at the CDC booth at SEMA.

Current list of ongoing modifications:

Custom CDC GT500 Glassback roof
Custom CDC GT500 Lower Front Grill
Custom CDC GT500 Ducktail Spoiler
CDC Louvered C Pillar
Key Colored Painted Mirrors, Rocker, Headlight bezels, Front Spoiler
Painted GT500 Stripes
2008 HID GT500 Headlights

CCW SP20 19" Wheels 11" wide rears
MRT KC Axle Back & H-Pipe
Steeda GT500 Coil Overs with D-Specs

Rockford Fosgate Mustang Shaker 500 Upgrade System
(amps, subs, speakers, head unit reprogram)

Stay tuned for updates. :SNSign:

attachment.php

attachment.php

..and in case you are wondering... NO i have NOT gotten to drive her yet :/

• Sponsors (?)

Am i missing something?

So let me see if i have this right. You are turning a GT500 into a GT500. What am i missing. I don't mean anything, but i don't follow a lot, maybe the future pics will help. Or are you just turning your already amazing GT500 into an even better GT500 with some of the upgrades available at CDC? Either way, can't wait to see what you are doing. Can you also build up a pricing sheet to go along with the workup so that we can all keep score at home? Thanks:SNSign:

I like the future rendition! Very subtle, yet soooo different:nice: I especially like the painted mirrors, window louvers and ducktail. Not sure yet about the headlight bezels, but real pics will tell the story(I like the idea however).

So let me see if i have this right. You are turning a GT500 into a GT500. What am i missing. I don't mean anything, but i don't follow a lot, maybe the future pics will help. Or are you just turning your already amazing GT500 into an even better GT500 with some of the upgrades available at CDC? Either way, can't wait to see what you are doing. Can you also build up a pricing sheet to go along with the workup so that we can all keep score at home? Thanks:SNSign:

Dmax, I think your confusion may be from the stripes being removed and new ones being painted. Factory stripes are tape, we are painting stripes on which will give a much better look, and also prevent having wax lines.

I like the drawing BIG time !

I take its what the front will look like painted ??

The car goes to paint on Monday, it should look close to the rendering.

I will be sure to update you guys. :D

i'd like a little more info on the sound system. I had a aftermarket sub and amp put in my gt (it has the 500). They just tied it into the rear channel. It sounds good but, the base doesn't scale w/ the volume as well as i would like.

thanks,
matt

How did you get the one-way glassback with stripes? I'm about to order a regular one, but this gives me pause!

They used a peforated vinyl wrapped around the glass to pull it off. I believe they are going to make this available. This would need to be done before the glass is installed, to make sure its wrapped real well. Also I would suggest it only for a garaged car.

They told me for you guys to direct inquiries to www.glassbackroof.com

Mike

The facia on that car are the stock gt500 stuff. That can be had at your local ford stealership if you follow the right processes. Here is a good guide for the GT500 Parts (link removed) . If you just want the GTR bodykit and stuff that can be had here: https://hc.cybersharks.net/cruizin/proddetail.asp?prod=GTSR05UPBODYKIT&cat=28 . I did a quick search in google so I don't know for sure if you can find it at a better price elsewhere or not.