Starting "click" and nothing else

I've always gotta away with a ground from the battery to rear quad shock mount, ground from front swaybar to engine block, swaybar to alternator case, factory ground from head to firewall, factory ground from harness to driver fender and never had an issue but there is always that guy who has and running a dedicated ground from battery all the way up to engine block was needed. I would say if all your current grounds are good then just run the battery up to block ground and bang some gears.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok guys here is an update. Haven't had much time lately. I've performed these test to the best of my abilities. Wich is like reading Spanish. What I have found through all this is the following. Disconnected negative terminal. Key on. used a test light to connect the negative terminal on battery to negative chassi ground wire. The light turns on. Pulled all fuses. Light stays on. Started removing wires from solenoid and power distribution block. When I removed the yellow wire the light goes out. Tried starting with this wire removed by jumping solenoid, same click. What I also noticed is when I go to start the engine itself gets 12 volts. Noticed this from a spark from a braided oil pressure line that was very close to the motor. Then I used a test light and when I bridge the solenoid it lights up. Sounds like I have a issue somewhere in the yellow wire circuit as well as the starting circuit. Any suggestions for the next step. Sucks I couldn't get this thing running because Foxtoberfest is in town this weekend. Guess I'm just a spectator. I'm always out of town for this.