Status Updates

Dacon

Nov 6, 2005
I've noticed lots of new users asking tech related questions in their status updates. These usually go unseen/unanswered, I've tried to steer a couple to the forums (I've seen others as well, Noob347) but it seems to confuse them. They treat the forum as facebook thinking a status update = the main page, not knowing that a thread in the correct forum (or a search) is the easiest way to go about their question.

Maybe there needs to be a prevention of status updates by users under x amount of posts? Maybe if a user under a certain number tries to update status, it explains how to find the correct forum for their year and explains posting/replying to a thread?

Reactions: 1 user
I've noticed lots of new users asking tech related questions in their status updates. These usually go unseen/unanswered, I've tried to steer a couple to the forums (I've seen others as well, Noob347) but it seems to confuse them. They treat the forum as facebook thinking a status update = the main page, not knowing that a thread in the correct forum (or a search) is the easiest way to go about their question.

Maybe there needs to be a prevention of status updates by users under x amount of posts? Maybe if a user under a certain number tries to update status, it explains how to find the correct forum for their year and explains posting/replying to a thread?

I've moved your thread waaaaaaaaay down here to the Feedback and Testing Forum.

Not a bad idea and I've noticed the same thing (obviously since you've seen me post about it :D ).

Thanks for the tip, it hadn't occurred to me that is had that FB feel to it.

@MRaburn

I've removed profile posting perms from registered and added them to RegPlus. They'll be able to post to profiles after they've made their first forum post.