Steeda Firewall adjuster

dropteeth

Apr 25, 2022
Ottawa
Hi Guys,
Ive searched videos and instructions but havent had any luck looking for my answer- the adjuster doesnt fit through the firewall (mount you bolt in sits flush so the indent wont go through the firewall) did any of you who have installed this run into this problem?
sda-555-7021_xl.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Can you post a picture of your car showing what you are talking about?
Hard to take a picture of this.. but I'll try and explain.. with the above picture...the base should go into the hole of the firewall and sit flush then screw in place? In my case the base does not fit into the hole it is basically the same size as the base...is this normal?

Apparently not. No pics, can't get an idea of what's wrong.
Im not too sure why you need a pic showing how the base of the adjuster wont go in the firewall hole... i attatched a pic of the adjuster base ... it isnt overly complicated to visualize this? the base that is on the adjuster is the same size as the hole not allowing it to sink into the hole so its flush.

I can visualize it.

This part here, highlighted in yellow, does not fit into the hole in the firewall. Correct?

1654177242429.png

How far off are you? Is it a MM or so, or a significant difference? I've heard of this happening in which folks have filed the opening in the firewall slightly to get the body to drop in.

Im not too sure why you need a pic showing how the base of the adjuster wont go in the firewall hole... i attatched a pic of the adjuster base ... it isnt overly complicated to visualize this? the base that is on the adjuster is the same size as the hole not allowing it to sink into the hole so its flush.
I understand the concept of it not fitting in the hole, the diameter of the adjuster is the same as the hole in the firewall, what did Steeda say about it not fitting?
Three choices:
Sand the part of the adjuster down to fit (not my choice)
File the hole in the firewall larger
Get another adjuster (my choice)

I can visualize it.

This part here, highlighted in yellow, does not fit into the hole in the firewall. Correct?

1654177242429.png

How far off are you? Is it a MM or so, or a significant difference? I've heard of this happening in which folks have filed the opening in the firewall slightly to get the body to drop in.
Yes exactly.. it seems to be the same size it does not fit at all.. thanks..ok I guess I'll have to file it down ... i haven't read anyone having to do this so ..thanks for the reply.

9 times out of 10, when a part needs modification to fit/work, it's unusually a clue that something is wrong. That's why folks are asking for pics of your exact setup.

Sometimes you do need to do things like file the hole a bit, but experience has shown us that when something isn't working the way a poster wants, they are usually doing it wrong. Pictures help clarify that.

Not saying you are wrong as I get what your issue is. Filing the firewall is a one-way ticket that you can't come back on, so I would want to definitely make sure it's the right decision.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users
The reason we asked for pictures is because we have been working on these cars for over 30 years and sometimes looking at a picture will instantly tell us what's going on. I have never...ever heard of the adjuster base being the same size as the hole and not fitting. If it is truly the SAME size that will be a hell of a lot of filling to do. You asked for help from a very knowledgeable group of individuals. All we asked was "show us what's happening to your specific car", not a generic file picture of a Steeda firewall adjuster. If you dont want to at least try to show us so we can try to diagnose that's up to you.

Reactions: 4 users
Curious how this is going to play out. I would also like to see a clear pic of the ops firewall in that spot. Subbed.

Last edited: