Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Pro 5.0 TR3650

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

Mach428

Dec 7, 2003
I haven't been able to feel both shifters and I'm looking for a short throw (Can't stand the 2nd to 3rd shift). I only got the feel the Pro 5.0 shifter, what are some of your opinions on the Steeda Tri-Axe?

• Sponsors (?)

There have been numerous threads asking this same questions. Those with 5.0's will say its the best and those with Tri-Ax's will vote for it. They are both quality shifters and a world better than stock. I say just get which ever one your most interested in or can get the best deal on.

Diddo on all of the above...which is why some people do the Pro-5.0 with a Tri-Ax handle. I've had both shifters and after a while I got tired of the Pro-5.0's hardcore nature. The Tri-Ax feels much more tame and comfortable, but still executes flawless shifts.

I have tried 4 different shifters and actually own/ed both the Tri-ax and Pro 5.0...I prefer the Pro 5.0. It gets rid of the factory style shifter handle bend...and feels stouter.

They are both great shifters though...

98V6 K.I.T.T. said:
same shifter only 5.0 made from steel as tri-ax is aluminum, but unless your the hulk and going to break something the steel is not a big deal, I've never heard of someone bending a steeda handle ever. I went with the tri-ax.
Aluminum doesn't bend (like steel) - it breaks!

5spd GT said:
I have tried 4 different shifters and actually own/ed both the Tri-ax and Pro 5.0...I prefer the Pro 5.0. It gets rid of the factory style shifter handle bend...and feels stouter.

They are both great shifters though...
Thanks for saving me the typing - same experience, same result here. PRO50!!!