Steering Rack .

ebone84

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 8, 2004
The sport steering rack on a 91 GT is 15 to 1.... LMR have new racks rated at 10 to 1 has anyone tried one I ordered 1 waiting for it to come in.... also I removed my air conditioning if I order new hoses should I order them for a car with or without and air-conditioning ?

• Sponsors (?)

The hose without air conditioning is way longer than the hose with AC. There are recent pictures in my " Dusty " build thread. Either one will work. The ends are exactly the same. Kinda weird because the non ac PS pump is mounted further from the rack higher but not that much.

10 to 1 is going to be very quick and higher effort. What’s the car used for? If street car, you may not like the effort. That rack might be better suited for a track driven car.

buy the power steering hose that matches your assessory setup. The differences, like said, are the lemght of the hose to match where the pump is located.

Just a streetcar .... so I probably should’ve stuck with the regular 15 to 1 sport ... huh ... thanks for the info on the power steering hoses .. parts on the way I may be stuck ... Been waiting since August ...and it’s brand NEW..so they say... LMR