stereo got stolen...need a new stereo connector/harness

i decided to drive the car one day finally and a hose blew while i was on the interstate. so i had someone pick me up and we bought the heater hose that blew. when i came back someone busted my window out and stole my cheapy pioneer head unit. i have the premium sound stereo so there are three plugs/harnesses. they must have had trouble getting the harness for the speakers out so they cut the wires...bastards. can someone tell me where i can get this harness...the local ford dealer told me they don't carry them for cars that old...dang it's not THAT old! any help would be appreciated. (i'll be installing the stock stereo in its place)

• Sponsors (?)

If you are talking about the harness that plugs into the stock head unit, I would suggest a junkyard. There are lots of Ford vehicles that have the same stereo plugs as the Stang. I would suggest looking at the car connectors at Walmart and Best Buy just to find out what cars and years share the same plugs. Then you know what vehicles to look at for the harnessess you need.

Now that I think about it, I pretty sure my chicks SVT Contour has the same plugs as my Mustang.

That wiring harness I believe is still available through Crutchfield. Otherwise, most of the models around the same time that ford made had the premium sound option and I believe the wiring harnesses work for all the stereos. The Crown Vic I had was set up the same way.

Just a couple ideas...

5.0 con-vert said:
That wiring harness I believe is still available through Crutchfield. Otherwise, most of the models around the same time that ford made had the premium sound option and I believe the wiring harnesses work for all the stereos. The Crown Vic I had was set up the same way.

Just a couple ideas...

Yep, call Crutchfield.