Stock 14K mile '92 Notch Dyno Video

• Sponsors (?)

I bought my 52k mile 1993 GT for almost $10k and it's insured for an agreed upon value of $12,500. $20k might not be too far off for that coupe.

I reached out to LMR and got this response:

"The car is owned by LMR. We plan on releasing more videos on the car since it is such a time capsule! As for where it was located and how much the car set us back, I'm going to remain silent in this email. We may choose to reveal some more info in future videos and we explore this fine Fox!"

A friend of mine has a 93 LX, it also has extremely low miles, can't remember exactly, but something like 15k or less. It's not a coupe, but it is reef blue....

IeGrYL.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
It's funny how the coupes were shunned by all but the racers back in the day. Now they're the most in demand (in my opinion).

Back in the 90s, all my buddies wanted coupes. I actually wanted a GT hatchback, but “settled” for my LX hatch.

But since we were always at the track, everyone wanted to buy a notchback because they were “like 700 lbs lighter”

———

If I was LMR I would find a stock exhaust for that and preserve it.

I’d also say if I had $25k sitting around.....I’d buy an 03/04 cobra or a s550.

Back in the 90s, all my buddies wanted coupes. I actually wanted a GT hatchback, but “settled” for my LX hatch.

But since we were always at the track, everyone wanted to buy a notchback because they were “like 700 lbs lighter”

———

If I was LMR I would find a stock exhaust for that and preserve it.

I’d also say if I had $25k sitting around.....I’d buy an 03/04 cobra or a s550.
That's the rub isn't it? The immense temptation to mod that car! It's so clean, why not just do this little thing or that little thing? I'm going through in my mind what I would do and then realize that that car has to be left as is. No timing increase. No subframe connectors. Nothing. Lol

That's the rub isn't it? The immense temptation to mod that car! It's so clean, why not just do this little thing or that little thing? I'm going through in my mind what I would do and then realize that that car has to be left as is. No timing increase. No subframe connectors. Nothing. Lol

Well that's just it. I'd have to mod it. 193 rwHP is impressive for a stock fox, but I think my daily driver puts down more HP than that and can probably outhandle and outbrake it to. The urge to improve is quite strong.

However, given that I already have a modified foxbody, i urge LMR to give me the car and i can guarantee i will leave it stock

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Well that's just it. I'd have to mod it. 193 rwHP is impressive for a stock fox, but I think my daily driver puts down more HP than that and can probably outhandle and outbrake it to. The urge to improve is quite strong.

However, given that I already have a modified foxbody, i urge LMR to give me the car and i can guarantee i will leave it stock
I'm sorry to tell you this, but they already promised me the car.

I'm not leaving a GT or LX fox stock, period. I'm not sure if I'd resist temptation on a Cobra, R, or Saleen, but I'm pretty sure I could bring myself to leave an R alone, even though the odds of getting one of those are right there with winning a lottery.

I'm not leaving a GT or LX fox stock, period. I'm not sure if I'd resist temptation on a Cobra, R, or Saleen, but I'm pretty sure I could bring myself to leave an R alone, even though the odds of getting one of those are right there with winning a lottery.
Honest question: If your father or grandfather bought an original '69 Mach 1 or similiar car would you encourage your grandfather/father to mod it?

I'd encourage him to do exactly what he wanted to it, be that keep a stock show car or drastically mod it... Honestly, and without question. We all have 1 life to live.

BTW, my father actually did have that car in Super Cobra Jet form... when it was new.