Stock 1991 HO cam + 1.7 Rocker vs. trick flow stage 1 cam + 1.6 Rocker

petr1

Oct 7, 2005
So how big is difrence between mild cam + 1.6 rockers and stock cam with 1.7 rockers. I'm just wondering.

I'm planing to change heads and intake meaby throtlebody plus supporting mods gaspump injectors etc. Trick flow set would be nice but I think it's too big job to me. So It's going to be good heads and intake with those 1.7 rockers.

I'm thinking AFR 165 or trickflow streetheads and perhaps bbk intake with
70mm throtlebody.

I have target to get good low torq with +300hp.

• Sponsors (?)

You'll need more than a TFS-1 cam with those 165's to get 300RWHP. The difference between the grinds of the stock cam and the TFS-1 is night and day...completely diffenet monsters regarless of you using 1.7's on the stocker you just can't compare the two.

I wasn't talking about rw hp meaby 270+ on wheels. And I was only vondering diference between two. I'm not goin to put trickflow cam to AFR heads but 1.7 rocers. Trickflow was only an example.

Well if you look the prices trickflow headcombo is best. I have to think it over.

TFS-1 cam is a common and quite a decent pc for the price, matched with AFR's and a nice intake the cars tend to be a blast on the street. 1.7RR's may or may not cause piston to valve clearance issues...just make sure to check prior to install, just as you should when ever you're putting in a new cam.