Stock Axle Retaining Plates Needed with Rear Baer Brake Kit?

We mounted the rear Baer disc brakes a few months ago while my 66 coupe is getting painted. At the time, we did not use the stock axle retaining plates since the stock hardware was not long enough with the thick Baer caliper brackets. (Also, the retaining plate sitting over the Baer bracket would have a big gap underneath and just seemed wrong.) It looked like the Baer caliper bracket acts as a retaining plate by itself. The car will be driveable soon and am second guessing this decision.... Anybody know for sure? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

BTW, I like your blog. Not to be a nit, but I noticed your rear brake line is routed upside down. Here is a thread that has a picture of the correct routing.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=721435&highlight=brake+line+bracket

Thanks, I figured I'd quit boring my wife with the details and type them up... :D

Also thanks for the proper brake line routing. I'm doublechecking my photos and I think it was like that before I got my hands on it. Changing the routing would free up some room for the tailpipes too. It's stainless line but I have a (cheap) tubing bender, hopefully I can change it around.