Fox Stock is going up, boys!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Oh sure man, we're all stuck in the 90s with you thinking Fisher-Price plastic dashes are nice, and a steering wheel that has a primitive single-stage airbag and no other safety features is a great idea. We're right there with you in thinking that refinement, class, and comfort are bad things, and that technology should never advance... Ever.

:doh:

My interior still looks good at 25 years old. Not perfect, but good. I don't think the interior in the new Mustangs will look any better in 25 years. I don't think the interior in my Focus is any better quality, same plastic. It sure looks better than a Mustang though. The seats are amazing and the leather work is better than my old Mustang, I'll give it that. Now I'll admit straight up that the safety is a different story. And something's are definitely worse mechanically; the MT82 class action lawsuit.

I just don't dig on the new Mustang, sorry. All the salesman were pushing that Mustang real hard when I went in to buy my Focus 2 years ago, because the margins on it were so much better on it. I was just couldn't get into it.

Kurt

My interior still looks good at 25 years old. Not perfect, but good. I don't think the interior in the new Mustangs will look any better in 25 years. I don't think the interior in my Focus is any better quality, same plastic. It sure looks better than a Mustang though. The seats are amazing and the leather work is better than my old Mustang, I'll give it that. Now I'll admit straight up that the safety is a different story. And something's are definitely worse mechanically; the MT82 class action lawsuit.

I just don't dig on the new Mustang, sorry. All the salesman were pushing that Mustang real hard when I went in to buy my Focus 2 years ago, because the margins on it were so much better on it. I was just couldn't get into it.

Kurt
You're an original, I'll give you that. You're the only person I've ever heard say they preferred slabs of Fisher-Price-like hard plastic over leather and soft-touch plastics.

The MT82 is a turd, but NHTSA's investigation into a possible recall came up dry, and the class action suit never got off the ground. Truth be told, the MT82 isn't that much worse than the SN95 and early S197 TR3650. That said, I hate the MT82. It shifts like you're jamming a long knife through a box of metal parts, if I was buying another 'stang right now, it'd be a 13 or newer with the 6R80.

You're an original, I'll give you that. You're the only person I've ever heard say they preferred slabs of Fisher-Price-like hard plastic over leather and soft-touch plastics.

The MT82 is a turd, but NHTSA's investigation into a possible recall came up dry, and the class action suit never got off the ground. Truth be told, the MT82 isn't that much worse than the SN95 and early S197 TR3650. That said, I hate the MT82. It shifts like you're jamming a long knife through a box of metal parts, if I was buying another 'stang right now, it'd be a 13 or newer with the 6R80.

LOL. I love your metaphor. That is a great description. The SN95 has more leather and soft touch plastics than the new Mustang, so I don't know what you are talking about. The entire dash aside from the instrument cluster bezel, the radio bezel, and the shifter bezel is soft touch. The doors are soft touch aside from the arm rest inserts. The actual leather on my seats looks almost new, although the foam is finally starting to give. I seriously doubt the crap they are punching out now will make it that long.

Ford nailed the interior on my Focus. It has a two stage airbag in it without making it look like the face plant cushion on a bumper car. I don't think this is really a form vs function debate. I want an interior that focuses on me, the driver. Everything should be facing me. I can't go along with this headboard design.

Kurt

LOL. I love your metaphor. That is a great description. The SN95 has more leather and soft touch plastics than the new Mustang, so I don't know what you are talking about. The entire dash aside from the instrument cluster bezel, the radio bezel, and the shifter bezel is soft touch. The doors are soft touch aside from the arm rest inserts. The actual leather on my seats looks almost new, although the foam is finally starting to give. I seriously doubt the crap they are punching out now will make it that long.

Ford nailed the interior on my Focus. It has a two stage airbag in it without making it look like the face plant cushion on a bumper car. I don't think this is really a form vs function debate. I want an interior that focuses on me, the driver. Everything should be facing me. I can't go along with this headboard design.

Kurt
The SN95 has ZERO soft-touch plastics, and the Focus's interior is garbage.

Well I binged watched "Fastest Car" Season 2 and the 3 Mustangs in the finale were LS Swapped (Supercharger, Turbo and Nitrous).

I don't want to spoil it but the race between all 6 cars (5 Sleepers 1 Super Car) was interesting. It was a shocker how it ended.

Not sure if someone else spoiled the ending in this thread. I watched it with my Wife, she loved it because of the back stories behind the people / drivers.

I only watched a couple episodes. The term 'sleeper' is another over-used word that has evolved to mean what it is not. Like 'barn find' and 'patina'
A rambler or even a fairmount wagon would be a 'sleeper' not a mustang.
JMO

I only watched a couple episodes. The term 'sleeper' is another over-used word that has evolved to mean what it is not. Like 'barn find' and 'patina'
A rambler or even a fairmount wagon would be a 'sleeper' not a mustang.
JMO

Watch Season 2, an Oldsmobile Wagon was inches away from making the finale. The McLaren 720LT nipped out the Olds Wagon by not even a half car length. Other than the wheels it looked totally stock (stock hood an all). A girl almost won it all in a 2001 Mustang GT with a Camaro ZL1 Motor and a stick (she was banging the gears like a boss).

Reactions: 1 user
Well.....I love my 19 s550. ( I prefer the older front end from 2015- 17 though ) The 10r80 is nice too. This car is also no slouch....and has more hp than most of the fox bodies on the road. My ecoboost has more hp than the factory gt cars until 2011. I love my fox too but I understand that a 30 year old car with twice the hp it came with will have some issues. I like the 13s and 14s. Surprisingly, the new edge mustangs have started to grow on me the last couple years. I hate the styling of mustang IIs and the sn95s. It takes a lot for me to actually like them...but I've seen a couple that looked great.

Mustang foxes are the last real muscle car. The value will only keep going up. The 80s Iroc camaros are climbing in price too. They're a PITA to work on....unlike our beloved foxes. Almost anyone can work on these flying bricks.

Reactions: 3 users
Well.....I love my 19 s550. ( I prefer the older front end from 2015- 17 though ) The 10r80 is nice too. This car is also no slouch....and has more hp than most of the fox bodies on the road. My ecoboost has more hp than the factory gt cars until 2011. I love my fox too but I understand that a 30 year old car with twice the hp it came with will have some issues. I like the 13s and 14s. Surprisingly, the new edge mustangs have started to grow on me the last couple years. I hate the styling of mustang IIs and the sn95s. It takes a lot for me to actually like them...but I've seen a couple that looked great.

Mustang foxes are the last real muscle car. The value will only keep going up. The 80s Iroc camaros are climbing in price too. They're a PITA to work on....unlike our beloved foxes. Almost anyone can work on these flying bricks.

I like the new ones too. I'm still kicking around what to buy next year. I really want a 2010-2014 GT500 (13-14's have the 662HP / 5.8L). On the flip side I drive a big SUV and being tall cars aren't fun for me to get in / out of. A 2019 GT I can slap a blower on would be a fun car too. Still have time, lots of choices which is nice.

Reactions: 2 users
I’d take a new one in a heartbeat. I just don’t want to pay what they ask for one. Fully loaded, all the electronics like active exhaust, ventilated seats, navigation is never actually use, the fact I can crash into a wall and probably walk away, etc

I’m a sucker for a new car. I just like the LEGO-like architecture of the fox. Million of parts to choose from.

Reactions: 4 users
Even me....( the Misanthrope) Even I would take an S550 that I had to pay for over a free "barnfind" SN95 mustang. There is nothing about that car that I find appealing
And in almost every version that car comes in, think it is in steep competition for worst mustang ever, with a II still carrying the honors ( as it always will).

I said it years ago when I had the red car that a fox is the closest anybody needs to come to a " muscle car". It rides and drives just about as bad, with the only real benefits of owning one being its potential for upgrades, to work around the short comings.

But set up properly, a notch is one cool ass looking car. You can put almost any engine in the car with out modifying anything to make it fit ( try putting a 460 in a 67-70 mustang, and a 32v 4.6/5.0....you can forget it) .The thing is lightweight and can be made lighter. It just begs to be raced.
If a Fox mustang was around when the 67-69 Camaro was running around things would be 180 degrees different.

Reactions: 2 users
Even I would take an S550 that I had to pay for over a free "barnfind" SN95 mustang. There is nothing about that car that I find appealing
And in almost every version that car comes in, think it is in steep competition for worst mustang ever, with a II still carrying the honors ( as it always will).
You say that, but the market says IIs are now worth more than SN95s... I can snag a running/driving V8 SN95 for under $2000 down here, can't find a running/driving V8 II for less than $3000 these days.

Here's the thing. I don't hate the SN95. I'm just not delusional like @revhead347 in thinking it's the greatest Mustang platform of all time. I've driven at least one example of every generation, and from SN95 up, almost every factory trim level, including Shelbys, and for my money, I'd take an S197, either a 2010 4.6/5spd car or a 13-14 5.0/6R80 car ideally. The fox will forever be cherished for what it was, a delightful crapcan that's easy to make fast. The II will never be forgiven for Iaccoca's stupidity when he thought no V8 in 1974 was a good idea. The SN95? The 94-98 cars are kind of the second coming of the II.

This is as good as it gets these days. I don't know how anyone can even compare a Mustang to this.

1571097885894.png

Looks like American Rice.

The telltale would be.
When you dump the clutch.....do the front tires spin?
And does it have a 4 cylinder engine? mounted sideways?
...and a fartypipe muffler?
Do Honda guys envy you ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users