stock isolators vs. poly

Spro

Nov 3, 2007
IL
Whats the difference? So the poly isolators will raise the car about 1/4", what about the stock ones? The guy at the shop highly recommended me not to leave out the isolators. I didn't get the polys so the stock ones are gonna go back in.

• Sponsors (?)

poly isolators won't deteriorate like the stock rubber over the years

when i first installed my springs i wasn't happy with the way she sat, dead even front to rear. i ditched the lower iso up front and installed poly iso's in the rear (the rear lowers was to' up) to give the car a slight rake.

bottom line you don't want to ride around with no isolators at all. not very pleasant.

i have no iso's in the front, all you gotta do is wrap the top and bottom coils with electrical tape,

I was gonna do the tape thing but in time it will wear away and the springs will get noisy. This one guy used radiator hose in place of the isolator and the springs wore through within a year.

I am getting ready to put springs on my car. I was thinking about ditching the iso's on the front.how thick do you need to wrap them with the elec. tape? my car is a vert so it seems like the rear sits lower than the front. but I measured and it sits even all the way around. I am wanting a little front end slope so it looks better. I am also going to be putting on some 03 cobra's with 275's up front and 315's on the rear.