stock motor with a vortech

Duck_Fat

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
How would a stock motor with only a 5 psi supercharger do in the 1/4 mile with a t-5 or AOD? I know once it was a supercharger its not stock but you get what i am talking about. I am wondering if i should just save my money and not bother with other mods.

• Sponsors (?)

first off what kinda car are we talking about lx? gt? notch? lx's run faster than gt's off the show room floor(high13's with exhasut i heard). i have the same one on my floor, t-5 is way better for anything because stock aod's are weak and soak up more power. you are probally looking at about 300 to the wheels give or take a few hp with a completely stock 5.0 at about 5psi but with a anderson power pipe i have heard people hit 6-9 psi with it. and if you want to fork over the 1k to get the air to water aftercooler. that is 20-30hp more (acording to vortech)

I would go ahead and get the S trim's. Honestly, I have scene so many stock engines with the only mod being a small supercharger and it wasn't what I would expect running against a blown car. Remember, a superchager pulls power off the crank to make boost, and it seems that 5lbs doesn't quite make it worth it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it won't make a big difference, but not near what 8-9lbs would do. If you can get one for around a grand, it would definatly be a good idea.

stock motor with just an A trim..50-60 rwhp is the most you'll see from the blower without adding anything else like heads cam intake, etc. However, things you should add while doing the blower is a bigger fuel pump and bigger injectors. Tons of stuff you should also do but are not "need" items..I had the set up you are asking about 7 yrs ago and it worked okay for a while. I would not recommand it because a car with gears and HCI will pull from you....the whine was great, but just stock motor with nothing else added for mods...spend the extra $800 and get yourself and S-trim..they are the cheapest I've ever seen them for sale right now.. :nice:

saleenster said:
stock motor with just an A trim..50-60 rwhp is the most you'll see from the blower without adding anything else like heads cam intake, etc. However, things you should add while doing the blower is a bigger fuel pump and bigger injectors. Tons of stuff you should also do but are not "need" items..I had the set up you are asking about 7 yrs ago and it worked okay for a while. I would not recommand it because a car with gears and HCI will pull from you....the whine was great, but just stock motor with nothing else added for mods...spend the extra $800 and get yourself and S-trim..they are the cheapest I've ever seen them for sale right now.. :nice:
800 for a s-trim where are you buying your stuff from :shrug: i paid 1667 for mine.

88stangmangt said:
first off what kinda car are we talking about lx? gt? notch? lx's run faster than gt's off the show room floor(high13's with exhasut i heard). i have the same one on my floor, t-5 is way better for anything because stock aod's are weak and soak up more power. you are probally looking at about 300 to the wheels give or take a few hp with a completely stock 5.0 at about 5psi but with a anderson power pipe i have heard people hit 6-9 psi with it. and if you want to fork over the 1k to get the air to water aftercooler. that is 20-30hp more (acording to vortech)
I really am not sure, but I don't think a STOCK stang w/ only a 6 lb supercharger is gonna pull 300 rwhp....maybe 250 rwhp and that's being nice. I think the way it works is, the blower is fine for a totally stock car, but once you do exhaust and stuff like that, the blower makes their effects greater :hail2: I don't think i'd be trying to push 9 lbs through a stocker by the way.

You can keep your stock cam,just get a set of thumper heads,and a t-moss lower intake.This will totally free up the breathing of the motor,then you will see a some power with that small blower :nice:

willys1 said:
You can keep your stock cam,just get a set of thumper heads,and a t-moss lower intake.This will totally free up the breathing of the motor,then you will see a some power with that small blower :nice:
small blower?since when is 5-8psi small? if you build the right set up you would be surprised what that low of boost will do. give me 4 more months or so and i will prove it. :nice: :)

88stangmangt said:
small blower?since when is 5-8psi small? if you build the right set up you would be surprised what that low of boost will do. give me 4 more months or so and i will prove it. :nice: :)
I wasnt being sarcastic,I didnt mean 8psi,I meant 5 psi's.I believe that is the lowest boost availible,rite?