stock motor with a vortech

Duck_Fat

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
How would a stock motor with only a 5 psi supercharger do in the 1/4 mile with a t-5 or AOD? I know once it was a supercharger its not stock but you get what i am talking about. I am wondering if i should just save my money and not bother with other mods.

first off what kinda car are we talking about lx? gt? notch? lx's run faster than gt's off the show room floor(high13's with exhasut i heard). i have the same one on my floor, t-5 is way better for anything because stock aod's are weak and soak up more power. you are probally looking at about 300 to the wheels give or take a few hp with a completely stock 5.0 at about 5psi but with a anderson power pipe i have heard people hit 6-9 psi with it. and if you want to fork over the 1k to get the air to water aftercooler. that is 20-30hp more (acording to vortech)

I would go ahead and get the S trim's. Honestly, I have scene so many stock engines with the only mod being a small supercharger and it wasn't what I would expect running against a blown car. Remember, a superchager pulls power off the crank to make boost, and it seems that 5lbs doesn't quite make it worth it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it won't make a big difference, but not near what 8-9lbs would do. If you can get one for around a grand, it would definatly be a good idea.

stock motor with just an A trim..50-60 rwhp is the most you'll see from the blower without adding anything else like heads cam intake, etc. However, things you should add while doing the blower is a bigger fuel pump and bigger injectors. Tons of stuff you should also do but are not "need" items..I had the set up you are asking about 7 yrs ago and it worked okay for a while. I would not recommand it because a car with gears and HCI will pull from you....the whine was great, but just stock motor with nothing else added for mods...spend the extra $800 and get yourself and S-trim..they are the cheapest I've ever seen them for sale right now..

800 for a s-trim where are you buying your stuff from i paid 1667 for mine.

I really am not sure, but I don't think a STOCK stang w/ only a 6 lb supercharger is gonna pull 300 rwhp....maybe 250 rwhp and that's being nice. I think the way it works is, the blower is fine for a totally stock car, but once you do exhaust and stuff like that, the blower makes their effects greater I don't think i'd be trying to push 9 lbs through a stocker by the way.

You can keep your stock cam,just get a set of thumper heads,and a t-moss lower intake.This will totally free up the breathing of the motor,then you will see a some power with that small blower

willys1 said:
You can keep your stock cam,just get a set of thumper heads,and a t-moss lower intake.This will totally free up the breathing of the motor,then you will see a some power with that small blower
small blower?since when is 5-8psi small? if you build the right set up you would be surprised what that low of boost will do. give me 4 more months or so and i will prove it.

88stangmangt said:
small blower?since when is 5-8psi small? if you build the right set up you would be surprised what that low of boost will do. give me 4 more months or so and i will prove it.
I wasnt being sarcastic,I didnt mean 8psi,I meant 5 psi's.I believe that is the lowest boost availible,rite?