stock or aftermarket MAF sensor

95ssn95

Nov 4, 2008
Missouri
Ok so i'm pretty sure that my MAF sensor is bad, what do i do now?? get a stock replacement or would it be advantagious to get a larger aftermarket one?? look below to see what i plan to do.

• Sponsors (?)

How do you know the MAF is bad? How tried to give it a good cleaning? If you want to clean it, just be careful not to break the sensors.

If it turns out the MAF needs to be replaced, a stock one will be fine for your plan. The only real reason you would need to change the MAF, is if you change the injectors. For only a CAI on a bolt-on motor, a stock MAF will be fine.

Take the money you would have spent on the MAF, and look into getting some gears. Best bang for the buck IMHO.

yeah aftermarket MAF is a waste for a mild bolt-on car, as the gains will be minimal........now if your gonna do HCI or more, then I feel it's worth it. I noticed more of a gain by bumping my timing up a few degrees than I did with my Pro-M.......just my opinion though

-James

OK guys I figured it out and it wasn't as painful as i thought! It was the mass air flow sensor. After i cleaned it and it still didnt work i cleared the codes and took it back to autozone and they hooked it back up. apperently this time someone who knew what the f**k they were doing was there. it gave us a 157 mass air flow low voltage and a 158 mass air flow high voltage code. so i bought a new one and whalla! thanks for all the help and hope this helps someone in the future.