Suspension Stock ride height

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
From floor to top of fender, what is stock ride height spec? I’m at 28” in the front and 27” in rear right now, and I’ve got to get rid of the sag. As far as I know, the car has stock, original springs.

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry I don't know the stock ride height. I do know it's too tall. It's that way so you can put chains on your tires and drive to Alaska. Who runs tire chains anymore, but that's supposed to be the reason they're so high. I used Mac progressive rate springs about 15 years ago and they're still in there. Had to put in new isolators last summer as she got droopy on the driver's side. There is a notch in the bottom spring perch that takes the end of the spring but they don't have to go in it as far as I can tell. That lets me rotate my rear spring, which moves that last lower link, which gives me a little adjustability in my rear suspension height. You're supposed to get into front end geometry problems like bump-steer if you drop the car too much, especially in the front. I always read that 1.5 inches was max for a street car and that's what I used. If you don't want to spend the money on new springs and you have the time and inclination I'd get a set of poly isolators and put them in. It really brought my car up in the back. If that's not enough you'll see that by rotating the spring you should be able to get a bit more height out of them. Careful though. Factory springs are longer than aftermarket and can kill you or other people if you pry them out. My Macs are short enough not to need a compressor

I guess I did say “get rid of the sag” but I really want the front to come down. The 27” looks about right for stock. The 28” looks too high, which is why I’m wondering if there was a Ford spec for this measurement.

according to CHEK-CHART alignment specs 7-5/8 " from frame rail to floor just behind front wheel.And 6-11/16" rail to floor just in front of rear wheel

Thanks Steve. I’m going to check those measurements and see what I come up with. I found this on American Muscle also, but these numbers are lower than what I would’ve expected for stock.
15AA29F7-A4BC-4860-A44D-587C4597180E.png

I have a ford engineering spec sheet on my Work laptop. If I can remember tomorrow I'll take a peek.

A couple of years ago a member here posted them up

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users