Stock rockers?

Hey guys, I've been debating, I'm going to be running the comp cams xe270hr-14 with my gt40p motor and see many posts saying that roller rockers are a minimal gain in power especially for the price. This cam is for use with 1.6 rockers and because the stock oem rockers are 1.6 ratio, should I just stick with these rather than investing in a set of pedestal rockers? I have a stock set laying around, so saving the hundred bucks on rockers would be nice, but would like opinions on how this will affect my setup using the stock rockers. Let me know, thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I ran stock rockers with my GT40 Y303s for over a year with no problems other than my pushrods were too short and made the infamous ticking noise.
Once I installed my Crane Cobra 1.7:1 roller rockers the ticking went away.
With a new cam checking for pushrod length is a good idea.

The oem stamped steel peds should work ok
and
They will not make as much noise as ped rr's

I agree you to want ensure the valve train geometry is good
to go as the new parts could cause you need new pr's as
was said above.

Grady

Hmm... I'm still debating considering I may be running these GT40P's for awhile, so stud mount rockers may not be in consideration for another year or two, maybe I will buy some roller rockers who knows... For that XE270HR-14 camshaft I had a previous thread about, should I go with 1.6 or 1.7 roller rockers, I figured 1.6, but see some setups running 1.7's??? Oh and get this, I found that cam used last night for 80 bucks, rather than the 255.95 it is from Summit, score!

Hmm... I'm still debating considering I may be running these GT40P's for awhile, so stud mount rockers may not be in consideration for another year or two, maybe I will buy some roller rockers who knows... For that XE270HR-14 camshaft I had a previous thread about, should I go with 1.6 or 1.7 roller rockers, I figured 1.6, but see some setups running 1.7's??? Oh and get this, I found that cam used last night for 80 bucks, rather than the 255.95 it is from Summit, score!

If you want the very best bang for the buck .........

Just wait until you can score a set of used ped rr's for a nice price

Then if you wanna move up to an after market Aluminum head later
on and go with studs ... you can let the used peds go with the oem
iron heads which will only make it easier to sell them.

One last thing you might not know ........
TFS heads only accept stud rockers

Grady