Stock Stang___H/C/I or Vortech ???

final5-0

Mustang Master
Apr 6, 2003
DFW Texas
This Q has been asked before and in the past, my first thoughts would have been NA :nice:

For some time now, I've been having different thoughts :)

I crunched some data Donavan (94-95 forum member HGFireHazard) was kind enough to send me of his recent pull :D

You can see the thread about the pull and detalils elsewhere in this fourm.

I think the little comparo chart of Donavan & Yours Truly :) I threw together gives some insight to the Q here ;)

dsvsga.jpg

Grady

• Sponsors (?)

bimmertech said:
vortech with some gt40's. no need to spend the big bucks to split the block better.

Sooooooooooo Ben

Do you think this kinda helps to show the big picture we have been talking about recently?

I relate to a chart or hard data of some kind much better myself :)

I agree about not having to spend or do a whole lot about uping the flow enough to make a very impressive street combo :nice:

Grady

bimmertech said:
the torque curve is the deal breaker.

that translates to happy times for me.

sure a kb can do better, but ohhhh the heat.

just curious if JR has a dyno chart of his turbo. pretty sure he has a stock gt longblock.

Torque does look good :banana: don't it :D

I was gonna include a kb combo I got some data on :)
but
It had AFR's, FTI cam, Edel intake :eek:

Not really all that fair to include that combo as its not an apples to apples comparison to Donavan's combo :nono:

I guess we could look at JR's pull as well IF we can get the numerical values from it :shrug:

Grady

final5-0 said:
Torque does look good :banana: don't it :D

I was gonna include a kb combo I got some data on :)
but
It had AFR's, FTI cam, Edel intake :eek:

Not really all that fair to include that combo as its not an apples to apples comparison to Donavan's combo :nono:

I guess we could look at JR's pull as well IF we can get the numerical values from it :shrug:

Grady
i wish i had a dyno to share because i have jr's old k/b and a stock longblock (but the e7 heads are ported) and a stock cam.

bimmertech, believe me i know what you mean about the heat ... i have logged act temps in the 230s after a 1/2 hour of normal driving. i really need to finish my water injection project.

i think this summer i will have my act together enough to do some dyno runs.

I think anyone wanting to go with boost should at the least pickup some GT-40 irons just for the sake of having a more stout head. I'm so done with the H/C/I stuff I can't wait to get some boost goin in the next couple years.

The hp difference would not be as great in the comparo for other similar combos due to they have upgraded tb, maf, catback, and usually don't run a catted mid pipe.

But still

Even though they might get closer or match the hp curve

They ain't gonna match Donavan's tq curve

I got a Q here!

If there was a bit of belt slip as some members suspect, I am thinking it would be hurting the most at say mid to redline rpm.

All you Vortech guys ... Would you agree?

Grady

final5-0 said:
I got a Q here!
If there was a bit of belt slip as some members suspect, I am thinking it would be hurting the most at say mid to redline rpm.
All you Vortech guys ... Would you agree?
Grady

Yes, I would agree w/ that statement, probably mostly in the upper rpm's.