• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Stock "Under Drive Pully" Weight?

  • Thread starter Thread starter V8JamesGT
  • Start date Start date Jul 14, 2008

V8JamesGT

Member
Jan 22, 2006
218
3
18
Jul 14, 2008
#1
  • Jul 14, 2008
  • #1
I just got my set of Steeda UD Pullies today and I was just curious as to if they were lighter then the stock pullies. The steeda pullies are about 8lbs. I hope to have them installed by next wednesday. I've also been keeping a close eye on my mpg so I can tell how much of a difference they will make. I'll let you guys know the results along with before and after track testing!
 

NastyStang113

New Member
Sep 12, 2008
1,567
1
0
Florida
Jul 15, 2008
#2
  • Jul 15, 2008
  • #2
I only gained .5 mpg from them and about ~6-7 rwhp.
 

V8JamesGT

Member
Jan 22, 2006
218
3
18
Jul 21, 2008
#3
  • Jul 21, 2008
  • #3
Is anyone willing to weigh their take off stock pullies?
 

NastyStang113

New Member
Sep 12, 2008
1,567
1
0
Florida
Jul 21, 2008
#4
  • Jul 21, 2008
  • #4
I'll do it, maybe later tonight.
 

V8JamesGT

Member
Jan 22, 2006
218
3
18
Jul 30, 2008
#5
  • Jul 30, 2008
  • #5
I've been reading Big Cats write up and I have one other question... Where do I get the silicone to put in the keyway? I assume putting the silicone there is important and required right?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
239
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Saturday at 5:19 PM
manicmechanic007
Progress Thread The Mach Returns - Update/build thread
  • squeak93
  • Feb 20, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
601
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Thursday at 4:56 PM
squeak93
S
5.0 Rebuild
  • smittys7up
  • Nov 29, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
14
Views
914
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 16, 2026
keel
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
342
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Engine 1990 LX 5.0L EFI Mustang Fuel Management Problems - HELP!
  • 5.0LXStanger
  • May 25, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
45
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 11, 2025
5.0LXStanger
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?