straight piped good or...

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
finally got under the car to see what exhaust the PO had on it...bbk shorties with straight pipes to borla dumps (dumps just b4 rear axle)...sound it decent thought about swapping out to spintechs later on...but would i benefit more from different headers and an x-pipe or h-pipe?...

• Sponsors (?)

you need a mid pipe. right now you have unequal exhaust pulses coming from each bank. to optimize performance and economy you need to have an x or h pipe.

any recommendations? i want good quality parts...headers have surface rust and wouldnt mind swapping them out anyways...maybe something that will look good for a while.

thanks

Also i dont have and dont want cats.

i mean right now it sounds mean...but if i can get better performance sound then im all for it...wouldn't want it to sound worse though...i heard of a x-pipe h-pipe company dr gas or something like that i thought had really good reviews...anyone know what im talking about?

well i see it does have an H-pipe after all this...it didn't look like it when i crawled under best i could but i took it to my mechanics and got a good look underneath and it does have it.