Strange Issue

Dohwalkmadogg

Dec 26, 2016
So let me say first, I haven't dug to deep into this yet as I don't drive it much.

I have changed the plugs about 100 miles ago.

I have started to experience some issues actually starting the car..just cranks and cranks..

Thought fuel wasn't getting to the cylinder...pulled plug one and it's soaked in fuel.

Thought well maybe the coil isn't firing so I pulled a plug and hooked up a old spark plug to test for blue spark. I got blue spark and a faint start...

Cranked again with plug one not plugged to the cap...started.

Plugged the wire back in and boom started fine..

Went on for like a week cool..no problems.

Well started giving me a no start just crank again..

So I pull the wire for plug one from the cap this time...boom starts and idles fine.

Plug the wire back into the cap and starts again no problems..

Anytime the car does this I repeat the above and it starts Everytime no problem.

Really weird, any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm just lurking around, not a sn95 guy (yet)
Two things I'd try
Foot on the floor like a flooded carb (old school I know, you may not even know what a carb is):stick:
Swap injectors, see if that plug gets wet. Try this first

There is a cranks/no start thread in the tech help section
Go throught the list, it has stuff for the 94-5 in there.
One of the first things it will tell you to do is check grounds, there are several, take them apart and clean them, making sure the connections are good.

Had the same issue. But it got to the point were the car would not start at all. Had a crank no start. After nights of messing with it was the pip sensor in the distributor just replaced it with whole new disburator and it fix the problem. Don't know if this is your problem but it sounds alot like mine