street/drag suspension

srt420psi

Jun 4, 2007
Looking for a good setup. 85% street driven. Was looking at tokico d spec struts and shocks. Torn on spring choice. Lookin to lower, but not too much. Rather have excellent straight line performance. Control arms and removing front sway bat are on the list too. Than
Posted via Mobile Device

• Sponsors (?)

For straightline performance, it's hard to go wrong with any UPR setup - and their prices are awesome. For the street, I'm running their upper and lower control arms with poly bushings on both ends. They work very well in keeping the car pointed straight and no wheel hop at all.
For shocks, for straightline only, I'd do something like Lakewood 90/10s.

I would go with a set of fox body springs, tokico adjustables or lakewood 90/10's. Take the front sway bar off too if you haven't already done so, it will help a bit in weight transfer, and look at getting a dynabatt or pc680 to get a few pounds off the front end of the car.

You are going to have to make a decision about what is more important, cornering or traction off the line. These two require completely different setups. Lowering springs and performance shocks and struts generally make the ride tighter and will REDUCE streight line traction. Seriously, the setups are completely opposite of eachother. For cornering, you want a more firm front suspension that will keep the car level and in drag racing, you want the front to be soft and rise easily. You can not do both.

However, if you set up the car for cornering, you can still get pretty good 60' times by running a drag radial or slick.