Street heat upper to track heat upper?

drewzx3

Feb 7, 2004
Louisiana
With my mods below plus it has gt40ps and supporting mods will I pick up any power from swapping from the trickflow street heat to the track heat? or should i just keep the street heat?

• Sponsors (?)

given your mods and if its just a street driven toy, id say keep the street heat. that intake makes power right from idle.

would probably notice a slight bit more power up in the higher rpms with the track heat but with that, you might sacrifice a tad down low.

I had 3.55's no better cam and it rocked compared to street heat. I can not guarantee your results but here is my result:

#1 Butt dyno :)
#2 rwhp #'s former kauffmans (now sgs) I went from 271rwhp to 290+ PEAK IIRC (with Cats).
#3 dyno and powerband and RPM pull proof with nearly no low end loss and nice gain all across.
#4 Powerband increased from a dead no power at 5000rpm to pulling to 6500rpm.

I strongly believe that those "P's" can get you nice rwhp. We had a debate long ago. If you already have P's, you can port them but you did say my "current" combo. One guy that posted for example got 312rwhp with your heads (ported) but you would definitely need a track heat for that. Overall powerband, that intake should treat you nicely. Both are fine intakes tho in my. Just different. If you did not gain peak (and I think you would) - you could also gain a wider rpm band which will make the car faster.

I had 3.55's no better cam and it rocked compared to street heat. I can not guarantee your results but here is my result:

#1 Butt dyno :)
#2 rwhp #'s former kauffmans (now sgs) I went from 271rwhp to 290+ PEAK IIRC (with Cats).
#3 dyno and powerband and RPM pull proof with nearly no low end loss and nice gain all across.
#4 Powerband increased from a dead no power at 5000rpm to pulling to 6500rpm.

I strongly believe that those "P's" can get you nice rwhp. We had a debate long ago. If you already have P's, you can port them but you did say my "current" combo. One guy that posted for example got 312rwhp with your heads (ported) but you would definitely need a track heat for that. Overall powerband, that intake should treat you nicely. Both are fine intakes tho in my. Just different. If you did not gain peak (and I think you would) - you could also gain a wider rpm band which will make the car faster.

They suposably had a little clean up work and have been milled. I only put down 267 with the dyno tuned adding a throttle body as soon as it comes in. Im looking for my power.