Stripping a Versailles. What to keep?

Silverblade

Sep 18, 2007
I picked up my drivetrain car. Its a 1980 Lincoln Versailles with a 1977 Versailles 351 windsor.

I got the car for the engine and rear end but I am wondering what little parts I may over look and send to the scrapper.

I will be taking the front brake assembly as well but more for parts as I want a granada front end. I have read the Versilles have a bigger lower control arm and dont work. Is there anything I can do to make this work?

Can I use the master cylinder? Is it worth it?

Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Oh ya its going into a 67 coupe.

• Sponsors (?)

Does it have rear dics brakes? If so, keep the rear, that is a cool upgrade. Keep the front spindles, they are identical to granada suspension, and can be an easy bolt in, with the before mentioned parts from Mustang Steve. I have his parts in my 66, and they work, period. the rest is basically spare parts,if you need them, IE, flat tappet toad-motor 302, slushy c4, The master cyl I would keep, to go with the rest of the front brakes, and the lines will be a snap.

Does it have rear dics brakes? If so, keep the rear, that is a cool upgrade. Keep the front spindles, they are identical to granada suspension, and can be an easy bolt in, with the before mentioned parts from Mustang Steve. I have his parts in my 66, and they work, period. the rest is basically spare parts,if you need them, IE, flat tappet toad-motor 302, slushy c4, The master cyl I would keep, to go with the rest of the front brakes, and the lines will be a snap.

The 302's in these may have been turds, but the blocks are not. These had the D8VE block which is a thicker all over casting, weighing 10-16lbs more than the std blocks. Sort of a Mex block with the smaller std main caps.

he's already said that his versailles has a 351w from a 77 model. being the car itself is a 1980 it "might" have an aod trans but don't count on it. i'd keep the brake master cylinder and the hydroboost unit just in case it might work in your car. also most versailles had power trunk realease mechanisms which will work on your 67 coupe, the power window motors may also be worth keeping and if your versailles has buckets and a console they could also be worth keeping, epsecially if they are power buckets, it might take some mods to the floorpan in your 67 to make them work but it sure would be nice to have them, the seat tracks may also be adaptable to other seats as well, like maybe fox body buckets or something. you could also adapt the cruise control system to work on your 67 too, you'll need a different control switch mechanism but you can get one from Rostra that replaces the turn signal stalk. any other cool little goodies like that would be adaptable to your 67. the power antenna would be another cool little goody to have too. i would strip out bacically anything that seems like it would work on your 67 or even stuff you might be able to sell on ebay to make a little cash back