Stroker Kit Choice - Dished or Flat Top..

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
Hey guys, I just cancelled my order for a 347 stroker kit, was lucky cause they didn't send it out yet and didn't charge me yet...... so that might make this planning easier... my engine is out and almost completely taken apart, minus the bottom end... to make things easier lets say I'm dead set on the 360hp top end kit from trick flow.

Track Heat Upper and Lower Manifold

Cam specs:
Trick Flow Track Max Hydraulic Roller Camshafts for Ford 5.0L
Camshaft, Track Max, Hydraulic Roller Tappet, Advertised Duration 275/ 279,Lift .499/ .510,Ford,Small Block,Ea...

Trick Flow Roller Rocker Arms:
Rocker Arms, Stud Mount, Full Roller, Aluminum, 1.6 Ratio, Fits 3/ 8 in. Stud

Twisted Wedge Street Cylinder Heads:
61cc combustion chamber, 170cc intake runner, 66cc exhaust runner, 2.02 in. intake valve diameter, 1.6 inch exhaust valve diameter, 1.46 outside diameter of outer spring, etc.

I was intending on stroking the engine to a 347, but assuming that I am dead set on the above which probe industries stroker kit would you go with? definitely the 347? If so there are two choices (well actually 3 but one is for blower application and I am going with N/A setup)

Choice 1 is Dished Choise 2 is flat top. Oh and this is with 4.03 bore, 3.4 stroke, and 5.315 rod length.. And please feel free to not recommend the 347 with the above (lets say for now, set in stone top end kit.)

flat top says : 58cc 10.47, 61cc 10.10, 64cc 9.75
dished says: dish/dome 14.2, 58cc 9.24, 61cc 8.95, 64cc 8.68

If you still would go with the 347 with the above trick flow kit, which of the two 347 kits would you pick based on the trick flow kit specs? flat top or dished.

Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered that top end kit for my 347 build up. I used flat fly cut pistons for mu build because I am not using a turbo. I might use a blower later but not allot of boost. Alot would advice against that but I have seen lots of higher compession engine blown that makes tons of power and they dont stress their engines as much because they are not running tons of boost to make the power levels they have. Plus it takes horsepower to make horsepower when it comes to superchargers. But I would have used dished low compression pistons if I were to turbo it. My car has gobs of power just n/a. It has more power than I thought it would when I finished it. And I live up at 6000 feet. I have to tune it down up here just to get it to run right. But when I go to sea level holly crap!!

yep, pretty sure you need valve relifs with those heads, correct me if im wrong.

The flat tops are just a 4cc relief, and the SRS series pistons have reliefs for both inline and twisted wedge heads.

The dish top is usually for a blower application, the 14.2cc is the dish size.

Flat top :nice:

I bought the prob industries 331 kit, and it had the valve reliefs cut out for the trick flow heads. There was no other provisions made fly cutting etc, I used the srs flat tops however I would recomend stepping up the cam. I also used the Trickflow kit blk. but exchanged the stage one cam out for the stage two and upgraded the valve springs up to a 600 lift. The engine made 353 rwhp and 356 rwtq. All other mods are located in my sig, hope this helps.