Strut tower brace, and twin screw supercharger

• Sponsors (?)

Seraphitia102 said:
If I get a strut tower brace, will it fit within clearance of the Saleen Series IV Twin Screw supercharger?
I would imagine that Saleen sells their own brand of strut tower brace to work with their blower, since Saleens are all about handling anyway. So I would say yes.

...I'm just going to fab up my own. God I love owning a pipe bender and a mig welder. :D

DropTopPony said:
I doubt it but could be wrong :)
are you buying a Saleen blower? new? I'd choose the KB over the Saleen due to the lower intake design on the Saleen is more restrictive/poorer design.

Agreed. :stupid:

I doubt they would clear over saleen or KB, but I could be wrong as well :)

you can run some two point style braces but you have to remeber that unless you are really pushing the car which would require more suspention mods than you have IMO it is more a looks mod.

you would be much better off spending money on LCA or subframes right now.

there may be more options if you were to change you hood but with gt hood and roots blower there are not many strut tower choices out there.

if that is not the steeda you may need a new hood. I have read that the steeda one may or may not fit. some say it will some say it won't.

modular fords has a KB tech section that would be a good read for anybody going down this path. It made me decide I don't give a rats ass about the strut tower brace if I have to run a two point and possible a different hood.

here is the steeda 2 point from the 03-04 cobra. the guys said it rubs on the hood blanket but the hook closes fine.

img5.JPG

Gearbanger 101 said:
Yeah....I'd say. I wonder why they didn't design it to lay across the top of the blower snout instead of right over top of the compressor itself?
Because Steeda knows (like everyone else) that bending 'bracing products' reduces the efectivness of it, which in point would make it even more useless

tomustang said:
Because Steeda knows (like everyone else) that bending 'bracing products' reduces the efectivness of it, which in point would make it even more useless
Then they should also know (like everyone else) that a 2-point strut tower brace isn't all that rigid to begin with when compared to a 3 or a 4-point. If strenth was an issue because of a couple of extra bends, then a larger diameter, heavier guage tubing could have been used to compensate for it. If that wasn't an option, then there would have been plenty of room to fabricate a couple of other attatchment points to run across to the firewall to strengthen it even further, but my guess the Steeda bar is less about being a high quality unit and more about low production cost and high profit....much like a lot of their products........Thomas!!!

Nice new Avy, BTW ;)

Gearbanger 101 said:
Then they should also know (like everyone else) that a 2-point strut tower brace isn't all that rigid to begin with when compared to a 3 or a 4-point. If strenth was an issue because of a couple of extra bends, then a larger diameter, heavier guage tubing could have been used to compensate for it. If that wasn't an option, then there would have been plenty of room to fabricate a couple of other attatchment points to run across to the firewall to strengthen it even further, but my guess the Steeda bar is less about being a high quality unit and more about low production cost and high profit....much like a lot of their products........Thomas!!!

Steeda Catalog said:
Reduce strut tower flex, improve handling and stiffen the chassis with this 4130 moly alloy strut tower brace. Two point brace ties strut towers together; three point triangulates with added firewall mount for maximum stiffness. Both have been engineered by Steeda to clear the Cobra supercharger without compromising performance.
It's not even DOM tubing, which is stiffer. Funny that it improves handling, griggs doesn't make one for a reason :rlaugh:

Gearbanger 101 said:
Nice new Avy, BTW ;)
I have more of them btw ;)

Seraphitia102 said:
If I get a strut tower brace, will it fit within clearance of the Saleen Series IV Twin Screw supercharger?

Damn girl... you spend more money than I do! (Not that I've spent that much.) I guess it's just a "Stang thing..." :p :SNSign: :nice:

OC Stang said:
I believe Maximum Motorsports' piece will fit with the supercharger and without a new hood. Their piece fits the 2003-4 Cobra. They even have a picture on their site.

you belive wrong according to anyting I have read. I would bet MM would tell you if you called them though. Like I said go to modular fords KB tech forum. seach for strut tower. there are 9000 threads about it. the 03-04 cobra braces fit just fine with different hoods but most don't clear the stock hood.

GDawg said:
Damn girl... you spend more money than I do! (Not that I've spent that much.) I guess it's just a "Stang thing..." :p :SNSign: :nice:

I got tempted when I went to Super Autobacs and I found out that even though they specialize in import stuff, they actually now are an official Saleen dealer and also install Saleen superchargers. :) I am going to show my car at a show at work, and I wanted some more engine bling.