Strut tower problem with additional help needed

sweet88gt

Jun 25, 2005
Venice FL
So I have the motor out of the car and notice some rust at the bottom of the strut tower on both sides. The passenger side being the worst. How is the best way to fix this issue??
h.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The second part of my project is does anyone run a tubular K member with coil overs and 17x9 front rims? There is not alot of room between the exsiting shock and the backside of the rim. I am interseted if this can be done with the size rim I have. Thanks
By the way I suck at inserting pics so please forgive me. :owned:

• Sponsors (?)

the best way to fix the rust is to put a stupidly powerful engine back into the car so that you forget about it. or else make friends with a bodyman/welder and feed him lots of beer. seriously get a body guy to look at it.

It looks like you are going in the right direction with the repair. Cut out the rust and weld in new metal. I think the important thing is to remove the brake stuff and repair the driver side teh same way.

My wifes uncle is a welder and he is going to take a look and see what he can do. The rust is not on the strut tower but just below. The metal that is there is thin from the facotry and was intrested if anyone has had the same problem and how they fixed it. Is there another forum that I might try to get better results??

I still need to know if i can run an aftermarket tubular K memeber with 17x9 rims up front? I did some research and found that I need a K memeber that does not move the wheels but most are running skinnys up front. Which K member company does not move the engine, keeping the factory location?? Thanks.

K member help

I have now removed the k memeber to properly remove the rust and add the support needed to fix the problem. With the K member removed I had to use a torch to loose the bolts. In doing so I broke a couple of bolts and the threaded washer plates that hold the bolt thru the frame and to the k member. Does anyone know if I can purchase the backing plate with the nuts and some K member bolts from Ford?? I am guessing I'm not the only one that has had this problem.

Does anyone also know which K member from the aftermarket does not move the motor back?? Can 17x9 rims fit with coilovers?? I just need some direction on which company I may need to call. I guess MM is the first that comes to mind, but they sure are proud of ther product. Thanks.