SN95 Stud girdle on gt40 heads

Jimmer009

Jan 4, 2022
Ny
Hi all, so I'm putting together a 351w for a buddy. He had the heads redone at a machine shop. I'm installing them and the girdles won't fit.

I can get most of the rocker lock downs to start threading. There's 2 in the middle that hit the roller rockers.

I see the shop that redone the heads heli colied where the 7/16 studs go. But all rockers line up great on the valves. Any ideas if doing something wrong??? It's a pro comp part number that is for a sbf.

If you need more info let me know. I'm stumped

• Sponsors (?)

So with valve girdles the rocker arm nuts are different than standard ones in that they are taller. You install them and run the valves then lock the poly locks down. When installing the girdles there should be bolts that allow the girdles to open up so you can fit them on all of the rocker arm nuts. Adjust the girdle so that the top of it fits flush to the top of the nuts and tighten the bolts on the girdle. You can see the bolts on the top of these girdles.

1678492143274.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
I agree on questioning the need for a girdle. My buddy bought it and wants to use it. It is gonna some no prep time.

I have the lock bolts backed out a bit. I'll try removing them and see if that gives me what I need cause I'm Not far off. This is a old pro comp girdle. So it does not have a split all the way down it. Just screw in locks. And yes I got the longer rocker studs nuts whatever there called

So I don't want to make a new thread. But a guy at work just got a 82 four eye. He asked about cheap shorty headers. After looking them up only speed master has them. But they are on back order till June. Does anyone else know of shorties headers that around 120$ or are those days gone??? I only see them for 170$