stuff = traction

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
Trunk mount battery, big ole subwoofer, a Dewalt 180 piece mechanics set and I’m starting to hook a little better.
BCE9CE26-0A2E-4CDB-94B9-41FFF47D8920.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I mounted the battery box in mine last time I had to drop the tank... like in 2018... but I have not wired it yet so the battery remains up front. I need to move it for sure.

If you use good tires, I absolutely believe it adds traction.

With what I've done so far, the improvements I've made will be nicely enhanced when I eventually get some good drag radials, and I plan on it. My current tires are not horrible, but drag radials will be better. I only wish I could find some drag radials in 285/40-17 which is the size I'm running in the back now. So far I've seen 275's in drag radials, but not 285's.

With what I've done so far, the improvements I've made will be nicely enhanced when I eventually get some good drag radials, and I plan on it. My current tires are not horrible, but drag radials will be better. I only wish I could find some drag radials in 285/40-17 which is the size I'm running in the back now. So far I've seen 275's in drag radials, but not 285's.
99% chance a 275 drag radial is as wide or wider as a 285 regular tire.
Don't get caught up in a game of Millimeters, think about it, that's a 10mm difference, somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 inch.
I could put a regular 275 tire inside my 275 drag radials.
Brand to brand, no real world width is the same.

I kinda feel like companies cheat on the numbers when it comes to drag radials, maybe to be legal for racing classes.

Reactions: 1 users
Its more the height than the width for me. I don’t want to sacrifice the height if I can help it. Albeit a small difference, a tad taller would be my preference.

Its more the height than the width for me. I don’t want to sacrifice the height if I can help it. Albeit a small difference, a tad taller would be my preference.
The same rules apply to the height. You aren't going to be able to accurately predict how tall the new tires are. The reality is that drag radials are only made in certain sizes and the choices are A. Live with regular tires or B. adapt.
Me personally, i could never drive my car on standard tires again, i'd almost call it dangerous.

Reactions: 1 user