Super charged 1990 mustang noise?

gavin12

Aug 5, 2022
turner
So I went to look at a foxbody today 1990 notch back with a great body almost zero rust, the guy doesn’t know what’s done to the motor other than waht u can see on the surface, and is running off the fuel managment system form the kit meaning it was never dyno tuned, but idk what this noice is do you guys have any idea. And with the unknown motor work do you think that’s a turn off it’s 11k the car sounds to idle great and doesn’t stumble even under heavy load seems to run well and needs minor pieces. Think it’s worth the price. This would be my first foxbody fyi!

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/rR7ZyH0AxSU?feature=share

• Sponsors (?)

It is actully a v3 blower and it doesn’t sound great the car sounds like it runs good but sowmthing about that super charger sounded off
What did the tag on the blower say.. Sounds not the greatest from a phone but sounds like an v2, I'd check the end play on it.
the guy said he belives it’s the super charger itself and the super charger is supposed to actully be new he doesn’t know for sure as he’s not the one who installed it but he said it’s always sounded like that for him, he said it doesn’t whistle like the others

I can't give you details on the supercharger, but if the rest of the coupe is in really good shape, including the paint an interior, it should be worth $11k even if the supercharger is ruined. Have any other pics or details of the rest of the car?

Reactions: 1 user
I can't give you details on the supercharger, but if the rest of the coupe is in really good shape, including the paint an interior, it should be worth $11k even if the supercharger is ruined. Have any other pics or details of the rest of the car?
He actully sent me a walk around video around 2 min the interior is ok needs some odd ball parts, let me post the link to the walk around video

I defifnitly wouldn’t say it’s in perfect shape a tiny bit of rust on passenger door, it looks to have some other engine work other than the super charger just basic heads cam intake. The guy owns like 4 other foxes and just said he doesn’t have time for this one seems to be a honost guy and has good market place reviews but who really knows.

How long has he owned it?
The window switch plates not fixed, door panel loose are hints to electrical problems, how long does it take to put the window switches back in place? Get some pics of the wiring under the dash, some under car shots too.
I've always been leary of modified cars, they either not as advertised or hiding a bigger issue.
I suspect he found an issue that exceeded his 'quick flip' profit expectation,
Again the little things tell a tail.

How long has he owned it?
The window switch plates not fixed, door panel loose are hints to electrical problems, how long does it take to put the window switches back in place? Get some pics of the wiring under the dash, some under car shots too.
I've always been leary of modified cars, they either not as advertised or hiding a bigger issue.
I suspect he found an issue that exceeded his 'quick flip' profit expectation,
Again the little things tell a tail.
He has owned it for about a year, that’s why I didn’t pull the trigger right off is fear of electrical issues something I really don’t wanna deal with off the rip the car just looked clean which is hard to find near me. And I have been kinda hard pressed to pull the trigger on any heavily modified cars but I’ll see what I can get him to send it’s starting to look like less and less of a deal

So it does have the black interior, or most of it anyway which is good... but there's quite a few pieces missing there, including carpet. That wiring looks like it's going to be someone's problem, yours if you buy it. The body looks pretty straight, but what about underneath? The floor pans? There does look to be some rust on the bottom of the passenger door. Also you need to check the door hinges where they mount under the A pillar, as well as the cowl area. It looks like it has the stock suspension and brakes too. It's missing some of the trim pieces as well.

It's hard to tell much more from the video, in the future turn your phone 90 degrees and film that way so that viewing on a computer screen gives a better view. Based on that, if the floor pans check out good and you don't find rust hiding there or on the frame rails under the shock towers (this is a HUGE one), or the door mount/cowl area... maybe offer him $9k and go from there.

He has owned it for about a year, that’s why I didn’t pull the trigger right off is fear of electrical issues something I really don’t wanna deal with off the rip the car just looked clean which is hard to find near me. And I have been kinda hard pressed to pull the trigger on any heavily modified cars but I’ll see what I can get him to send it’s starting to look like less and less of a deal
If its been owned for a year, I would guess that the problems he has encountered with the car are above his abilities rather than a quick " flip" .... If your lucky, he is just burned out on it and has left alot of the simple fixes for someone else??
Some of us like to drive em, and some of us like to build em.......

So it does have the black interior, or most of it anyway which is good... but there's quite a few pieces missing there, including carpet. That wiring looks like it's going to be someone's problem, yours if you buy it. The body looks pretty straight, but what about underneath? The floor pans? There does look to be some rust on the bottom of the passenger door. Also you need to check the door hinges where they mount under the A pillar, as well as the cowl area. It looks like it has the stock suspension and brakes too. It's missing some of the trim pieces as well.

It's hard to tell much more from the video, in the future turn your phone 90 degrees and film that way so that viewing on a computer screen gives a better view. Based on that, if the floor pans check out good and you don't find rust hiding there or on the frame rails under the shock towers (this is a HUGE one), or the door mount/cowl area... maybe offer him $9k and go from there.
He sent that video to me lol I was thinking the same thing. And I’m gonna see what I can do but I’m definfitly not paying 11 with the questionable super charger and iffy electrical issues, I’m an electrician but car electrical is a whole new world lol

Get him on the phone and talking about the car, how he found it, how much he's driven it, what repairs he jas done if any.
11k for the most part is not a ridiculous amount but if it hides a major problem then you're f'd.
I prefer to buy stock cars because, well, people just bolt on stuff with no plan and turn a runner into a problem pile.

If its been owned for a year, I would guess that the problems he has encountered with the car are above his abilities rather than a quick " flip" .... If your lucky, he is just burned out on it and has left alot of the simple fixes for someone else??
Some of us like to drive em, and some of us like to build em.......
I’d love to build it but I don’t have a super great garage at the moment, so I’m kinda looking for a cruiser I work on to learn this seems like maybe I’d get in over my head lol

• Agree
Get him on the phone and talking about the car, how he found it, how much he's driven it, what repairs he jas done if any.
11k for the most part is not a ridiculous amount but if it hides a major problem then you're f'd.
I prefer to buy stock cars because, well, people just bolt on stuff with no plan and turn a runner into a problem pile.
That’s what I’m gonna do he’s gonna call me in a few hours

If you are not equipped for working on a super charged car then this one is likely to get you into trouble, things like up graded brakes or lack of can and will be a problem, also if there is a major issue like a blown head gasket that occurs are you capable of dealing with it?
A garage is a plus in any condition 'cept one that id falling apart
JMO

If you are not equipped for working on a super charged car then this one is likely to get you into trouble, things like up graded brakes or lack of can and will be a problem, also if there is a major issue like a blown head gasket that occurs are you capable of dealing with it?
A garage is a plus in any condition 'cept one that id falling apart
JMO
I can handle doing head gaskets and stuff of that sort I have friends with tons of experiance with building classic muscle cars I just want to start with a solid base after talking to the guy he seems to not know much about the car so I’ll probably pass on it due to the lack of info on the car, what’s done and it has no title which you don’t need where I live but is odd