Supercharger for Carbed 351 Based Engine

393Bird

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2002
Clarksville Tennessee
I want to add a super charger in the 8-10 psi range to my carbed 393. It is using a serpentine belt system, that I want to keep. I want to mount it where the P/S pump is now, since I will be going to a manual rack this winter. Does anyone know of any thing from Procharger or Vortech makes that will mount with a serpentine belt on a 351 based engine? Anyone have a similar setup?

• Sponsors (?)

my brother has a 331 stroker. with a 6 psi powerdyne. he bought a carb hat. mounted the supercharger and then figured all his plumbing out. his mustang is a 95 gt, but the powerdyne is off a 93 gt. it uses a serpentine belt. he had to make a couple of his brackets to make everything line up. don't know if this info helps u but if u have any questions pm me.

CSU is my carb builder, Kevin is a great guy and has given me a lot of insight with the blowthrough stuff as I ws building my combo.

Yes the F2 is at the next step up from the F1R....no need for a fogger with either one of those. I sold my fogger for the F1R ;)

Rick 91GT said:
CSU is my carb builder, Kevin is a great guy and has given me a lot of insight with the blowthrough stuff as I ws building my combo.

Yes the F2 is at the next step up from the F1R....no need for a fogger with either one of those. I sold my fogger for the F1R ;)

Rick- Im guessing your runing a Holley?

393Bird- What size of supercharger were you thinking of?

btw Rick,you got a PM

bluevenom867 said:
Rick- Im guessing your runing a Holley?

393Bird- What size of supercharger were you thinking of?

I have no idea. I am researching what will do it with out maxing it out, and what bracket and pulley would work with me keeping my serpentine belt system. I think as suggested, I would be best with purchasing just a head unit, the proper bracket that will position it out far enough to line up with a pulley mounted to feed the serpentine belt also.

I'm mocking up a 5.0 vortech kit to a carbed 408W. The brackets I have bolt only to the head so will work on the 351w based motor. I also have a serpentine setup but do not want to run the supercharger off the main belt. Yet, the brackets line the head unit pulley up with the accessories. I do have a supercharger crank pully that bolts inside the regular crank pulley. It sits 1 3/4" farther forward, so I will shim it out. I rebuilt my carb myself.
I used this
http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html
as a base line build. I an fitting it for tubing.

latamud said:
I'm mocking up a 5.0 vortech kit to a carbed 408W. The brackets I have bolt only to the head so will work on the 351w based motor. I also have a serpentine setup but do not want to run the supercharger off the main belt. Yet, the brackets line the head unit pulley up with the accessories. I do have a supercharger crank pully that bolts inside the regular crank pulley. It sits 1 3/4" farther forward, so I will shim it out. I rebuilt my carb myself.
I used this
http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html
as a base line build. I an fitting it for tubing.

I would be interested is seeing progress pictures of that, and the part numbers you are using.