Supercharger question.

94stang98

Mar 15, 2019
Pulaski
Hello guys I have a question about the v-1 supercharger I have on my 1994 mustang GT 5.0. I am running about 6lbs of boost currently. I am in the process of building another engine for the car and would like to up my boost to about 15lbs. What all would I need to do to get this done correctly? I don’t know a whole lot about the boost I’m new to the supercharger deal.

• Sponsors (?)

Money , a good tune , fuel system to support , rear to support , trans to support , more money .

Remember boost is a measurement of restriction . The more efficient the more power you make with a lower boost level the cooler the air is going in

Listen to Mike and Jeff above. Both of their cars are supercharged, and have been for quite some time.

Jeff in particular is nutsoid and races his "streetcar?". They'll be able to help you out.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Also I’m gonna be building the engine roughly around 9.5:1 compression ratio, would that be too high to run a 15 lb boost?
While Vortech or anyone can give you an idea what pulley to run to make x amount of boost . It’s going to vary on every engine because again it’s just a measurement of restriction . So bigger head , bigger intake means lower boost but more power .

What pulleys are on it now ? What’s heads are going on this new motor ? 9.5:1 is fine but cam selection is important - id suggest a custom grind and not just an off the shelf cam . Is this a stock ford block or an aftermarket block ? A lot of variables here .

While Vortech or anyone can give you an idea what pulley to run to make x amount of boost . It’s going to vary on every engine because again it’s just a measurement of restriction . So bigger head , bigger intake means lower boost but more power .

What pulleys are on it now ? What’s heads are going on this new motor ? 9.5:1 is fine but cam selection is important - id suggest a custom grind and not just an off the shelf cam . Is this a stock ford block or an aftermarket block ? A lot of variables here .[/QUOTE

What pulleys are on it now ? What’s heads are going on this new motor ? 9.5:1 is fine but cam selection is important - id suggest a custom grind and not just an off the shelf cam . Is this a stock ford block or an aftermarket block ? A lot of variables here .
I’m not so sure exactly what pulleys are on it currently I bought it the way it is. All I know is that it’s pushing about 6lbs of boost on all stock engine. I am building a stock 5.0 block boreing it .30 over, all forged internals, 61cc aluminum heads, trickflow Aluminium intake with probably about a 70mm throttle body, and 44lb injectors.

Well 61cc determines the combustion chamber size . I’m guessing it prob a 170cc head . Your 44lb injectors May be slightly undersized but you can get away with them. Never specified what cam .

All forged internals is great except for the fact that at around 500 RWHP your stock block is a time bomb . They split in half . If I were you I’d keep boost around 12psi max with the stock block .

Well 61cc determines the combustion chamber size . I’m guessing it prob a 170cc head . Your 44lb injectors May be slightly undersized but you can get away with them. Never specified what cam .

All forged internals is great except for the fact that at around 500 RWHP your stock block is a time bomb . They split in half . If I were you I’d keep boost around 12psi max with the stock block .
Okay I really appreciate the info. The cam I’m not so sure on. If really like to go to roller but not sure on what lift duration I’m gonna need and what not for the boost?